Shortcuts creation

coucou

Hi,

I've noticed that no shortcuts created in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs" for the apps installed by archive SFX extract (Programs that don't need to be installed).

Is there any how to set those shortcuts?

TNX

coucou

Well you can use AutoIt to create shortcuts....tho I think there is some apps out there that make it even easier....I know its been discussed a few times in the unattended OS part of the forum. So perform a few searchs in that one.

TNX all,

I've had allways difficulties using AutoIT. Then i prefere using DigeratiPrime method... ihope.

May you (DigeratiPrime) give me an example of creating the shortcut here bellow unattended with RunOnceEX.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SysInfo\AIDA32

Regards

coucou

I've said many times the simplest way to have shortcuts imported to a new install, is to have your shortcuts in the same way you want themn to appear - and place them on your uA CD:

$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\

Similarly for desktop, and QuickLaunch, etc.

search for shortcut.exe & typing shortcut /? @ cmdline will give u a syntax on how 2 do it , then just run a .bat/cmd/exe from your sfx 2 call shortcut.exe 2 install shortcuts :D

TNX all,

I've had allways difficulties using AutoIT. Then i prefere using DigeratiPrime method... ihope.

May you (DigeratiPrime) give me an example of creating the shortcut here bellow unattended with RunOnceEX.

Regards

coucou

Sure no problem, where do you want to make the shortcut?

I do this during cleanup.cmd, to create shorcuts to other NirSoft Utilities i add.

Just have nircmd.exe in system32, i assume you know how to use runonceex.

In this example I create 2 folders: Utilities (in Start Menu) and NirSoft Utilities (in Utilities), and add shorcuts to the programs in there.

cmdow @ /HID
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now complete setup and restart in 1 minute..."
net user aspnet /delete

set AUStart=%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs
set UserStart=%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs
set UserQL=%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
set AUDesk=%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop

REM :: Make New Folders ::
MD "%AUStart%\Utilities"
MD "%AUStart%\Utilities\NirSoft Utilities"

REM :: Creating Shortcuts using NirCmd ::
nircmd.exe shortcut "%ProgramFiles%\NirSoft Utilities\cports.exe" "~$folder.programs$\Utilities\NirSoft Utilities" "CurrPorts"

search for shortcut.exe & typing shortcut /? @ cmdline will give u a syntax on how 2 do it , then just run a .bat/cmd/exe from your sfx 2 call shortcut.exe 2 install shortcuts :D

Ok I must be be really tired right now because I have no idea what you mean...is there a program shortcut.exe on my computer? I searched but didnt find one :blink:

Ok I must be be really tired right now because I have no idea what you mean...is there a program shortcut.exe on my computer? I searched but didnt find one :blink:

i couldnt find it on my computer, do a google search and you'll find it

• 7 months later...
TNX all,

Regards

coucou

Sure no problem, where do you want to make the shortcut?

I do this during cleanup.cmd, to create shorcuts to other NirSoft Utilities i add.

Just have nircmd.exe in system32, i assume you know how to use runonceex.

In this example I create 2 folders: Utilities (in Start Menu) and NirSoft Utilities (in Utilities), and add shorcuts to the programs in there.

cmdow @ /HID
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now complete setup and restart in 1 minute..."
net user aspnet /delete

set AUStart=%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs
set UserQL=%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
set AUDesk=%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop

REM :: Make New Folders ::
MD "%AUStart%\Utilities"
MD "%AUStart%\Utilities\NirSoft Utilities"

REM :: Creating Shortcuts using NirCmd ::
nircmd.exe shortcut "%ProgramFiles%\NirSoft Utilities\cports.exe" "~$folder.programs$\Utilities\NirSoft Utilities" "CurrPorts"

How can i create shortcuts of all that's in My Computer? i'd like to have shortcuts of the drives on the desktop. i've just been fiddling with nircmd right now and it's a nifty prog

I make the shortcut on a working machine and make an sfx of them with winrar

And i can place the shortcuts where ever i want with it.

Edited by muiz