most expensive computer ever?

ripken204

I can't beat the Amish Computer, but I do remember a while back a company only known as "L" that made absolutely sickening systems. They had a P4 Prescott running at 3.8GHz, with 4 GB of RAM, a terabyte hard drive (one drive, not total space), and so much more.

One of the most impressive things that they sold was a 4 screen LCD display, all connected as one unit, with a single DVI connector. The thing had a total diagonal of 108" and a resolution of 6400X1200. I'd love to see that desktop screenshot done by Dagonet' or Javagreen... :P The display cost $17,000 USD though. Not to mention you needed the very top video card there to use it (a Matrox card of some sort).

hey if you are drug dealer, a showbiz celeb, what is 6k to you.

Its targetted for the rich people that want to show off their new toy.

If u had a billion dollars like bill gates or steve jobs. what is 6k to u.

thats is peanuts.

If i had a trillion dollars i would buy that machine for every member of MSFN.

And charge 0 interest for 10 years. After that standard 10% per annum rate/ :P

I can't beat the Amish Computer, but I do remember a while back a company only known as "L" that made absolutely sickening systems. They had a P4 Prescott running at 3.8GHz, with 4 GB of RAM, a terabyte hard drive (one drive, not total space), and so much more.

One of the most impressive things that they sold was a 4 screen LCD display, all connected as one unit, with a single DVI connector. The thing had a total diagonal of 108" and a resolution of 6400X1200. I'd love to see that desktop screenshot done by Dagonet' or Javagreen... :P The display cost $17,000 USD though. Not to mention you needed the very top video card there to use it (a Matrox card of some sort).

"L" was a scam. The company did not exist for real. The "technologies" they offered were not even real.

And.. how about this for a monitor... http://www.9xmedia.com/pages-Build_a_syste...p---5over5.html