Window installer Error

coucou

Hello,

I'm Using Windows XP SP2 and Office 2003 which working fine.

But...

I've Window installer error messages (see attached) at each Widows starting and at each Office apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint..) launching.

I have to click many time on Window installer "Cancel" button to get out from that.

Also, I noticed that after the first "Cancel", the "Windows Installer" error message become "Norton Antivirus 2005" error message. In fact i'm runing Norton Internet Security 2005 which including the Norton Antivirus 2005.

Hope i'm clear

TNX for your HELP

coucou

First try to disable norton antivirus and norton internet security, see if that helps..

NIS (norton internet security) include norton antivirus.

I think i disabled NIS and still got the error. In fact, that problem is not on my machine (i'm notusing NIS), it's on my son's laptop.

I'll test that later and let you know

What i'm sure is, when i unistall NIS, NO MORE ERRORS.

Regards

coucou

First try to disable norton antivirus and norton internet security, see if that helps..

NIS (norton internet security) include norton antivirus.

I think i disabled NIS and still got the error. In fact, that problem is not on my machine (i'm notusing NIS), it's on my son's laptop.

I'll test that later and let you know

What i'm sure is, when i unistall NIS, NO MORE ERRORS.

Regards

coucou

Told you from the beginning. ;)

well, I've used "bloatware" Norton for years, I've never seen it cause a problem like this, and seriously doubt it is norton

seems like something went wrong in the office installation to me and it's trying to finish up the installation.

You didn't delete the C:\MSOCache folder did you?

Just in case-- xp's native firewall should be disabled to preclude any conflicts-- though i've heard of folks running three firewalls simultaneously without a hitch :wacko:

As well any real-time file protection, mail scanning, protected recycle bin.... Disable file indexing while you're at it-- system will run much faster.

Disabling a firewall does not produce the same effect as uninstalling it-- in other words, it does/may not totally disable. Often it's possible(though not in your case, i presume) to keep the same firewall by uninstalling it, re-installing affected program / connection, adjusting settings, then re-installing offending firewall.

That being said, i have free Norton but took all out-- thier own programs conflict even with each other-- they've become the most inept company...... and admitted issues in their products continue year after year....

Some of their background-running apps / settings(those i can remember off-hand) which cause issues with different Win versions, Explorer, other programs:

the Doctors, real-time file protection, email scanner, protected recycle bin, speeddisk......

speakin'a palindrome-type names:

diskkeeper too btw.....

I'm happy with the last free version of Kerio(same engine as Tiny, a bit more updated).

Trend Micro PC-cillin's bundled free on the Asus mobo driver cd....