What is a better alternative to Windows Messenger

MSNwar

Perhaps you could suggest an alternative to Trillian then? One that supports simultaneous connections to ICQ, IRC, AIM, MSN, and Yahoo!, skinning, has NO ads, all while using less than 5MB of RAM?

Or do you like running 5 seperate programs, a cluttered systetm tray, fewer available system resources, and popups?

Trillian > *

Edit: oh, and Trillian has SecureIM, which is encrypted text messaging, so if someone on your corporate LAN is spying on you with dsniff or a commercially available IM monitor, they won't know what the hell you're talking about.

I donated to Cerulean Studios because I liked Trillian that much. I've paid for < 6 software programs in my life, and it's one of the few programs I ever ran that was worth the money. As a Trillian supporter, I can download Trillian Pro for free, but I see nothing new that it has that I really care for. IMHO it was a step in the WRONG direction. I've been quite satisfied with regular Trillian and the "compact071" skin. My favorite feature of all is Trillian's URL grabber. I don't have to scroll back through pages of logs just to find the occasional link dropped in IRC.

• 5 years later...

One answer -> Miranda

Very small and lightweight, supports a lot of protocols, even multiple msn accounts. Also supports plugins for alot of different functions.

Only downside, as I see it, no support for webcam with other msn users..

/Michael

Edited by Scuga

• 3 weeks later...