Windows 99 ( Hacked Win 98 )

pantapei

easy to do..

the shut down screen is I believe IO.sys or maybe thats the startup screen, can't remeber but you can open it in paint and draw whatever you want. Used to do this at school lol, drove the teacher crazy lol.

the rest is all just Registry changes, and using a tool called Resource hacker.

*btw... who would want to "hack" windows 98 anyways.. LOL*

just one note about the logon screens as i've took a lot of time editing them some time ago :P ...

logow.sys: 256 color bmp (LOGO Wait until shutdown); windows\system folder

logos.sys: 256 color bmp (LOGO Shutdown now safely); windows\system folder

logo.sys: 256 color bmp (LOGO shown during startup); C:\ root folder

• 3 months later...
ummm dude.. if u read the rules you'd have known this site doesnt promote piracy :) [you've been reported 2 a mod]

i join to tell u one thing... ur comment in novemeber lastyear about you reported sumone for TALKING ABOUT WINDOWS 99. read the posts nobody "supported" s***. i suggest u get ur facts straight before u do s*** like report people places... unless of course u'd likee to be roprted for sum bul***** yourself. grow up buddie nobody cares about if sumone got windows 99 or not. it's not that hard to do! and it's not pirated... called it "customized" smart a**. leave people be.

What is 99? An alpha version of ME or something? Or just someone's customized / reshacked version of 98? Changing graphics and making fake dialogs isn't that hard.

If its an alpha version of ME, maybe the user is one of the developers of it - I don't see what this has to do with piracy. Maybe MCT should keep his mouth shut.

@miketrnt3 & @azagahl, be sure at time of writting b/c maybe both "should keep your mouth shut", using your own words.

i remember this post, MCT said that b/c there was a link to download an ILLEGAL HACKED FULL version of w98se codenamed "windows 99" (i think this answers azagahl post). if you take a closer look before reply, check pantapei's post and how it is edited by the administrator xper.

didn't want to be rude but you both started flaming MCT without reading deeper and using phrases as "unless of course u'd likee to be roprted for sum bul***** yourself" :thumbdown

@sven, no violence here man :P

99 is not copyrighted... yet... lol

@rasken, posting your hacked files is illegal... ;)

...but since people use them at his own risk is not pursued by m$ and so is not by other comunities. in fact share ANY file from the main windows OS is illegal but you know there are multiple sites with useful windows dlls and they aren't closed.

so why MCT reported it?, re-read my post: ILLEGAL HACKED FULL version of w98se, key included.

as said better to re-read everything again b4 posting ;)

Edited by SiMoNsAyS