Firefox Web Browser? Why do I want this?

RichTJ99

I got lots more to suggest, a good 30 to 40 different ones.

@army20: bah. Why? I don't think anyone really cares about what your IP is... I can post mine if you'd like to know ;)

Post 'em! ;) Some of my old extensions from 1.0PR don't work anymore! :(

Oops! :blushing: Forgot I could see them... Fixed!

2. FF is great - for the ignorant who don't know how to run Windows XP with    Maxthon and NOT get spywared.

So I must be ignorant... and after reading your posts in this thread, I'm proud to be ignorant. B)

Count me among the "ignorants". :thumbup

I use Opera and FF almost exclusively. I only use IE for Windows Update.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but keeping courtesy and respect to each other.

I don't want to get (again) into a "holy" war about which browser, OS, spyblocker, antivirus, productivity package, skin, GUI, mediaplayer, TV show or politic candidate is better than... whatever. It's a waste of time.

2. FF is great - for the ignorant who don't know how to run Windows XP with    Maxthon and NOT get spywared.

i really like this one, so you're calling me ignorant? correct me if necessary but you don't use FF - a browser - because is UGLY and you're calling me ignorant?!

try to don't flame people and use what you like, then go to any "oficial" poll or thread and take a look at how many people are using FF and how many that "interface" called maxthon.

poll

you are calling ignorants those 27 people vs the 5 using maxthon?

ps: i know exactly how to get rid of spyware because a long time ago i used IE, now i don't know how to do it because i use FF and i don't need it :whistle:

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

I must be wallowing in an abyss of ignorance, as I removed IE from my computer a long time ago thus precluding me from using Maxthon. Mind you, when I did use Maxthon, in it's previous incarnation, I found it to be a pile of junk - IE in a shabby overcoat!

YOU DON'T !

why ? well, is it not obvious that using FF quickly transforms a person into a bigoted, unthinking moron ?

Hark ! i hear the crash of fragile egos.

RE:Maxthon. IT'S a COMPLETE browser straight from installation. Not some half-baked JOKE that requires 1000 "extensions" to make it run.

YOU DON'T !

why ? well, is it not obvious that using FF quickly  transforms a person into a bigoted, unthinking moron ?

RE:Maxthon. IT'S a COMPLETE browser straight from installation. Not some half-baked JOKE that requires 1000 "extensions" to make it run.

Now THAT was funny of you (as usual - you always make us laugh). You're not touching egos, you make us laugh with unfounded points, defying logic, and now claims of "using FF makes someone a " bigoted, unthinking moron" (I guess being ignorant wasn't enough). :lol: We'll just take your word for it, just because you say so :rolleyes:

YOU DON'T !

why ? well, is it not obvious that using FF quickly  transforms a person into a bigoted, unthinking moron ?

Firefox is designed to be light as they don't believe in bloat but still provide the ability to pick and chose plugins and theme the way it looks. I say it's a good way of doing things.

I'm not going to be a Firefox bigot as I'd rather see more diverse secure browsers. At the moment only Firefox and maybe Opera meet that requirement. So I see no real resaon not to use it, well until it gets hit by spyware bigtime.

I'd also like to see a coherent and knowledgeably thought out reason why not to use it.