Firefox Web Browser? Why do I want this?

RichTJ99

FF is U.G.L.Y

it could make an onion cry !

itz UGLY

use Maxthon like me  :P

Ugly? How can 5 skinned buttons (that you can change their appearance) and a window frame/scroll bar can even be ugly? You really don't have a point - not even there.

@Zxian there's a extension called KeyConfig :) Lets you remap it all (and if you like mouse gestures like Opera, then we got that too)

If I wasn't using FF, I'd be using Opera. Maxthon really is still IE, so it's out of the question! Firefox is the best hands down :)

Besides - you'd rather use lesser but prettier software? I don't care about how it looks. I got themes and everything off (at work I even got my browser toolbars set to TEXT only). If it works and does a great job, it's all that matters.

FF is SSSSSSSLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

a browser for snails and sloths.

renders many webpages like an amateur's Cubist oil painting...fractured unprofessionalism.

i am not trying to make any "points".

this is my opinion. i am entitled to it.

I'm not sure I understand why you guys claim one is faster or slower. To me, Firefox is fast. Internet Explorer is fast. The only time either is slow is when my cable connection is having problems or the web site I'm trying to go to is having problems.

Speed isn't the issue for me. It's everything else about the browsers that make me choose one over the other.

EDIT: oh yeah, and maybe 1 out of every 20 pages are tailored to IE, but I still have IE if I want/need it. It's a small price to pay for trouble-free browsing.

It's far from slow (especially if you use a optimized build with proper tweaks). And I have to agree with Wedge1's point (and the way the site is built will affect speed and might be more of a problem than any browser). Rendering wise, it is exactly the inverse. Firefox is MUCH better at rendering CSS properly (IE is broke at best, any real webmaster could all attest of the CSS hacks we've had to put up with to get IE to render pages properly). IE = pure unprofessionalism :lol:

Yes, you're fully entitled to your opinion, even if it goes against known facts or simple logic :whistle:

Talking about displaying pages properly ,  I guess FF need some hacks too  :

Same page with IE6 and FF1.0

What do you expect when someone generates a web page in Microsoft Excel or Word? Without a proper DOCTYPE e.g.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
       "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
     <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
       <head>
         <title>Title</title>
       </head>

<body>
         <!-- ... body of document ... -->
       </body>
     </html>

Firefox (and all Gecko-based browsers) will render a page in quirks mode thus behaving as if it was a 4.x era browser! :wacko:

Ok this just p***es me off.

Someone named Sara telling users to use Maxthon like her because SHE thinks FF is ugly. Well, I am sorry missy just because you don't like a particulart shade of some color that you can change just by switching themes on your PC if you're so inclined. When it comes to things that browsers are designed to do, FF is probably the best with security, customization, etc. Do not tell everyone else to abandon an EXCELLENT browser because YOU don't like the f*cking color. Smarten the hell up. I'm sorry but for this day and age with the threats out there and how often I get ZERO spyware and pop-ups...the APPEARANCE is simply trivial!

I vote FireFox all the way. Opera is a good one too.

Sara, hmm, you anger me. Firefox is not slow for me, so you seem to have problems. NOT FF!

This is how mine looks... Because I liked the layout of IE, I tried making FF's layout as close to IE's as possible... Moved the address bar and Google bar down... Also, that bar underneath the address bar shows the real URL of a website... Helpful when you get those scams in your e-mail asking you to go give someone your password! :P (I'm not that stupid, but it still helps!)

Sorry for the quality...

post-34-1100376550_thumb.jpg

Ok this just p***es me off.

Someone named Sara telling users to use Maxthon like her because SHE thinks FF is ugly. Well, I am sorry missy just because you don't like a particulart shade of some color that you can change just by switching themes on your PC if you're so inclined. When it comes to things that browsers are designed to do, FF is probably the best with security, customization, etc. Do not tell everyone else to abandon an EXCELLENT browser because YOU don't like the f*cking color. Smarten the hell up. I'm sorry but for this day and age with the threats out there and how often I get ZERO spyware and pop-ups...the APPEARANCE is simply trivial!

I vote FireFox all the way. Opera is a good one too.

Sara, hmm, you anger me. Firefox is not slow for me, so you seem to have problems. NOT FF!

Amen to that Jeremy! :lol:

@gamehead200 by your screenshot I can see you haven't discovered the web Developper Toolbar, nor FoxyTunes, not WeatherFox, nor ... ;) It's VERY addictive. As for the the "real url" thing being useful, uh, I'll take your word for it!

@peachy yep, quirks mode SUCKS. But then again, the sites that force you to use it usually do too. The kind that still uses frames, tables for the lacking layout it has (if it has any), no CSS at all, and their HTML doesn't validate :lol: My CSS2/XHTML 1.1 strict sites have a doctype and everything validates, no quirks mode there. Too much webmasters don't have a clue.

@gamehead200 by your screenshot I can see you haven't discovered the web Developper Toolbar, nor FoxyTunes, not WeatherFox, nor ...  ;)  It's VERY addictive :) As for the the "real url" thing being useful, uh, I'll take your word for it :)

Just installed them all! :P