Who Has The Cleanest/Most Organized System?

Jeremy

There is nothing more powerful then a full os. I get into the nuts and bolts of an os. I enjoy programming in my spare time, but with half the dlls missing or whatever else, makes a system quite, ordinary.

I think nlite has its purpose though. For an old system with limited drive space, or an os for virtual pc use etc.

Being organized? This is an ongoing concept of doing housekeeping on the system to keep it tidy. I have 3 drives to manage on this system, If everything has its place, then that is well organized.

@Jeremy If it does everything you need. Great.

@Wedge1 Nice

@KernelOverlord Cool

There has got to be advantages to having things 'stripped down' to suit your needs. It may apply to using an older system, a particular use (music, video, graphics, etc), controlling functionality of a network and who gets to do what.....

Anything running in the background that you don't need could be crippled but why have it there if you don't need it? All the little bits and pieces have got to slow down a computer no matter what you maybe fortunate to have. With all the stuff Windows has integrated, it has got to slow it down. If you prefer proggys that are more stand alone or more useful then cripple Windows and set it up the way you want. My $.02 worth and will gladly take corrections.

you want to have the cleanest dekstop? the cleanest system? speed and perfomance?

instructions:

1 download latest version of knoppix and burn it

2 remove your HD

3 plug your cd and run

no space taken, inet and more of the apps you are going to use in your live. no spyware, no viruses.. 0 bytes :lol:

@KernelOverlord DL'ed DSL, very cool

@SiMoNsAyS DSL is a version of knoppix!

And I burned it to disk, chucked it into the computer, started it up and it ran from the disk. Used no HDD. :)

Takes me on a tangent. I have had problems with my computer acting weird. Progs openning on their own, text being inserted on it's own (same letter or space repeatedly), mouse passing over a hyperlink and the link openning up, etc. All seem to be keyboard or mouse related, especially if there are multiple windows open. Did everything I could think of to remedy and nothing. So, what brings this up is when I ran DSL, I could hardly use the keyboard and the mouse didn't function well. I went into knoppix to set up keyboard and because the mouse and keyboard aren't functioning well, I couldn't. Bad MOBO?

Crippled? What the hell?

The reason why the Windows folder is so small is because I used the nLite program being developed on MSFN to remove components. So don't assume I just got delete happy. Cheers.

Maybe you should try this if your into very small but functional - can you beat it????

DSL Full OS 50MB

I love that OS... I use it for, like, everything! :P