J2SE 5.0 has gone final

RyanVM

Yes I could change that. I don't think it needs to be "fixed" since it's an intended feature, though ;)

However, I must say that Sun's administrative install point is unlike any other AIP I've ever seen, and it's been a bugger to figure out so far. The files are stored zip files and decompressed during setup. Also, registry entries are imported by a mechanism I don't yet understand (it's not the usual way).

First I thought it worked I installed it with runonce and no reboot so I thought perfect, but than when I did a fresh install it did reboot, a friend of my had the same problem, the conclusion is that it works when windows is installed, but it wont work when you do a fresh install.

I hope someone has a solution

Now that it happens with people using a standard administrative install point (the foundation of my installers too), at least we know that it's not a problem specific to what I'm doing.

This is striking more and more as a bug with Sun's installer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed the java from RyanVM, but today it asked me if i wanted to update to a newer version.... Is there a new one out? Is this the updater you are all talking about wanting to shut off?

can i integrate the update unatended?

Java 2 Runtime Environment, v1.5.0_02-b09

----------------------------------------

This is 1.5.0_02-b09

as i replied you via pm for everyone who is interested: you just need the msi file. everything else is useless.

i deploy it using the following switch and iexpress.exe :

msiexec /qn /i jre.msi ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress JAVAUPDATE=0 WEBSTARTICON=0