J2SE 5.0 has gone final

RyanVM

Here's a yousendit link for you guys to try.

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HOKX3PHYTWGF18TI1QXYESXVJ

Let me know if it restarts for you or not. Again, this is a switchless installer. If you try to run it with switches, chances are very good that it will behave erratically!!!!

ran it switchless (just called the exe) - i even tried it from WPI.

No Restarting!

:thumbup:D;)

[edit]

Not sure if this matters or not, but i HAD Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_06 installed, Removed it prior to installing this new RyanVM version (via Add/Remove Programs), and then installed RyanVM's new switchless 5.0 version.

I don't think it really matters, but I thought i'd let you know.

I've heard a few people say now that they had restarts when upgrading over an older version, but then others were running it from RunOnceEx.

Can I get some more feedback from other people? I'm hoping we've got it here and I can have this available for download when my site comes back up tomorrow.

@ turbomcp: Administrative Installation Point of JRE5. Then 7zip compress. Then a 7zip self extracting installer (with a little icon hacking courtesy of ResHacker), following the directions laid out in the 7zip help file.

@ All: Looks like this is a winner. I'll be updating the site (now back online :D) with the new file shortly.

@ All: Looks like this is a winner. I'll be updating the site (now back online :D) with the new file shortly.

so the file you put on the site is the same one you sent me to test? or should i re-download?

so the file you put on the site is the same one you sent me to test? or should i re-download?

It's the same file, relax.