[XPCD Example]: BioHaZaRD Unattended PRoJeCT

Ha, that worked.

But not all icons got changed, I ignored the windows protection popups and restarted, repeated the process but...

Oh, but wait, .. I wanted to say that everything was changed except the my, computer and my documents, ... but that has to be language dependant, isn't it?

Mhh, but than again, .. your icons of MiPC, hard drives, cd, and trashcan are all changed. Why don't mine?

@esp guy probably you got a theme or so. restore default icons and rebuild icon cache, that should do the job ;)

i know, i know, it's taking me more time that what i thought but i promise a big update soon :P

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

I did some research and it seems there is more to it.

Only my computer, my, docs, .. the rightmost icons in the startmenu and the desktop icons including the trashcan is not being replaced by Gant.

This is all in a freash install of windows.

I made a shortcut and tried to change the icon into the Gant trashcan icon in the properties menu. It shows the entire Gant iconset in the system32.dll but when i choose the fancy trashcan it shows as a normal trashcan in windows.

Too bad. I'm going to try some more ans see what I come up with.

this is not a step by step guide so don't blame me if i miss something ;)

download reources for logonui form 1st post. there you'll find many bmps and a logonui.txt.

donwload resource hacker (google is a friend), open your safely copied logonui.exe file and click replace bmp. now open the bmp resources one by one and replace them in your file. finally go to the string UIFILE on your logonui, there select all the text and delete it, replace that text with the ui text file downloaded together with the bmps, and don't forget to click compile script. save it and replace it for your logonui.exe original file, you can also save it as oemlogo.exe and use the regtweak on first page. that's all :whistle:

you can do the thing in many ways, the only thing you need it's oemlogo.exe on system32 (to place it you can cab it and add the propper entry to the .sif file, use the $OEM$\$$ folder or extract it with a sfx archive) and that tweak applied.

first reply is simple: RunOnceEx that calls a .cmd to install a 2nd CD which you can see in the shot.

about gant2, i install silently GUIReplacer (.msi common installer /qb or /qn do the job), and then i extract silently the gant2 module with a rar-sfx.

once everything it's installed with 2 clicks you can run GUI-R and apply gant2 pack B)

ps: first post it's updated with new images (again)

i wonder when i'm going to have time to write a little...