Registry Tweaks

When I delete the AutoLogon=Yes & AutoLogonCount=1 from my winnt.sif, I guess I'll leave the the password in it right? So it 'll be like this.

[GuiUnattended]EncryptedAdminPassword = No

AdminPassword = "12345678"

TimeZone = 110

OEMSkipRegional = 1

OemSkipWelcome = 1

Sorry for asking I just want to get it to work. :blushing:

;-----  Add Google As Main/default Search Page
 ;----- 
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Search Page"="http://www.google.com"
"Search Bar"="http://www.google.com/ie"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL]
@="http://www.google.com/search?q=%s"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
"SearchAssistant"="http://www.google.com/ie"

For it to work properly this should be replaced by:

;-----  Add Google As Main/default Search Page
;-----  
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Use Search Asst"="no"
"Search Page"="http://www.google.com"
"Search Bar"="http://www.google.com/ie_rsearch.html"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL]
@="http://www.google.com/keyword/%s"
"provider"="gogl"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
"SearchAssistant"="http://www.google.com/ie_rsearch.html"

about "...ie_rsearch.html":

By default, Google will show results in the search channel window, leaving the main window for browsing. If you prefer seeing the search results in the main window, try this file instead.

I know I'm new here but has anyone seen this tweak? Or know if it works for unattended. It's purpose is this.

If you are like most people you have folder options set to open each new folder in the same window. The problem is what if you want to open the next folder in a different window? You would normally have to go back through "My Computer" and browse to that folder just to get that folder open in a separate window. I haven't seen this in this thread but this is how i do it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\openNew]
@="Open In New &Window"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\openNew\Command]
@="explorer %1"

This adds an option in the right-click (context) menu to open any folder on your computer in a new window.

Let me know if this works for you.

Edit. This definitely works. Cheers

When I delete the AutoLogon=Yes & AutoLogonCount=1 from my winnt.sif, I guess I'll leave the the password in it right? So it 'll be like this.
[GuiUnattended]

EncryptedAdminPassword = No

AdminPassword = "12345678"

TimeZone = 110

OEMSkipRegional = 1

OemSkipWelcome = 1

Sorry for asking I just want to get it to work. :blushing:

Yeap leave your pw. It should work. Have not tested yet. Too busy.

cya,

Will

This is just for the n00bs... most ppl wud know already

In the logon section of the reg tweaks file

;-----  Disables Welcome Screen and uses Classic Logon
;-----    Note: Setting to Classic logon makes your user-pic disappear from new XP-style Start Menu
"LogonType"=dword:00000001

It says above "Disables Welcome Screen and uses Classic Logon". But on the contrary... the dword value given is the value for the Welcome Logon type only :P

So plz change that to

;-----  Disables Welcome Screen and uses Classic Logon
;-----    Note: Setting to Classic logon makes your user-pic disappear from new XP-style Start Menu
"LogonType"=dword:00000000

if u want the classic logon screen.

I used the "Registry Tweaks" with nLite and things went fine!

..... well, almost! I've got just one problem. One of those tweaks causes Msn messenger to disable my ability to save the login name and password. Could someone give me a clue/ hint/ whatever that leads me to the villanous entry ;) If I check the box to save the Password, clicking on OK or whatever to login does nothing .... just refuses to budge! I uncheck the box and Msn logs in fine!

One other thing ... would there be a tweak that allows me to remove "My Network Places" from the Start Menu?

Thanks & Cheers!

..... well, almost!  I've got just one problem.  One of those tweaks causes Msn messenger to disable my ability to save the login name and password.  Could someone give me a clue/ hint/ whatever that leads me to the villanous entry ;)  If I check the box to save the Password, clicking on OK or whatever to login does nothing .... just refuses to budge!  I uncheck the box and Msn logs in fine!

One other thing ... would there be a tweak that allows me to remove "My Network Places" from the Start Menu?

Thanks & Cheers!

Don't know for sure, Jogy, but I suspect one of these two entries could be causing your MSN woes.

;-----
;----- disable balloon - Add your passport to XP messenger
;-----
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MessengerService]
"PassportBalloon"=hex:0a,00,00,00
;-----
;----- Removes Sign up with Passport Wizard when trying to sign in Windows Messenger
;-----
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Passport]
"RegistrationCompleted"=dword:00000001

To change how My Network Places, among other things, is displayed on the Start Menu, try:

;-----  Displaying Administrative Tools, Recent Documents, My Music,
;----- My Pictures, My Documents and Control Panel in your Start Menu
;----- 0 = Hide, 1 = Show as link, 2 = Cascade
"Start_AdminToolsRoot"=dword:00000002
"Start_ShowRecentDocs"=dword:00000002
"Start_ShowMyMusic"=dword:00000000
"Start_ShowMyPics"=dword:00000000
"Start_ShowMyDocs"=dword:00000001
"Start_ShowControlPanel"=dword:00000001
;----- Show/Hide "Set Program Access and Defauts", Help, Favorites,
;----- My Network Places, "Printers and Faxes" and the Run command
;----- in the Start Menu
;----- 0 = Hide, 1 = Show
"Start_ShowSetProgramAccessAndDefaults"=dword:00000000
"Start_ShowHelp"=dword:00000001
"StartMenuFavorties"=dword:00000000
"Start_ShowNetPlaces"=dword:00000001
"Start_ShowPrinters"=dword:00000001
"Start_ShowRun"==dword:00000001

Two small side points.

Please use the search function. Both of these answers could have been found by searching the regtweak file that should be available for download in the first post of this thread.

Second, please remember that the file posted is meant for reference purposes only. The idea is to read through the list of tweaks and copy the ones you want into a new file that you could then use to tweak your personal uA CD to your liking. In case you are thinking that that sounds like a lot of work, you're right. It took me about three weeks to comb through that file and pull out all the tweaks that I wanted. And I am still adding more to the file that I use.

The tweaks in the first code box are copied directly from the file that I downloaded from this thread. The tweaks from the second code box are also all present in that file, I just grouped them together and elaborated a bit on the explanation to make some thing clearer.

Don't know for sure, Jogy, but I suspect one of these two entries could be causing your MSN woes.....

Hey! Thanks for that tip of! :)
Two small side points.

Please use the search function. Both of these answers could have been found by searching the regtweak file that should be available for download in the first post of this thread.

I did search! The problem was that I did not realise that either the "Balloon" or the "Sign up with Passport Wizard" could have related to my problem. Still am not sure it could be the problem as the two possible regkeys mentioned are not in the list I had applied! Assuming it was applied without my knowledge (maybe through some setting in nLite), would it be possible to have a regkey that reverses those two options?

Regarding the "Network places", I'm sorry! Yeah, its there in that file and I did search, but just don't know how it got past!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Still am not sure it could be the problem as the two possible regkeys mentioned are not in the list I had applied! Assuming it was applied without my knowledge (maybe through some setting in nLite), would it be possible to have a regkey that reverses those two options?

Sounds like my guesses were probably off then. :whistle:

Sorry if I gave the impression that one or both of these tweaks were definitely the cause of your trouble. If you still need help getting this problem sorted out, I suggest starting a new thread with a title better describing the issue than this general registry tweaks thread.

As a place to start, try removing your registry tweaks completely to see if that solves the problem. If not, I suspect you have removed something with nLite that is causing it, and you should probably start your thread in the forum dedicated to supporting that application.

If removing the tweaks does fix the problem, then you likely do just need to edit or remove one or more of the tweaks you are applying. In that case, either the Windows XP or the Unattended Windows forums are probably your best bet.

I did search!

Regarding the "Network places", I'm sorry! Yeah, its there in that file and I did search, but just don't know how it got past!

Glad to hear it. Keep up the good work. Don't worry if you missed something, I'm sure it happens to all of us at times. Also, I found that, unfortunately, the registry tweak file isn't always the most intuitive document to navigate. Oh well, it is still immeasurably better than nothing. :)

..... well, almost! I've got just one problem. One of those tweaks causes Msn messenger to disable my ability to save the login name and password. Could someone give me a clue/ hint/ whatever that leads me to the villanous entry  If I check the box to save the Password, clicking on OK or whatever to login does nothing .... just refuses to budge! I uncheck the box and Msn logs in fine!

I strongly suggest you take a little peek here:

Administratie Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policies > Safety Options

then search for the following: (I'm sorry it's dutch, but I can't seems to translate this one)

"Netwerktoegang: opslag van referenties of .NET Passports voor netwerkverificaties niet toestaan"

Anyway it's the only sentence with ".NET Passports" in it, so I guess it won't be that difficult to find ;)

Oh yeah...make sure this option is disabled, that way MSN stores usernames again

good luck

Hey ... :) thanks for that tip! will definetly look at it when I get back home in 4 hrs! ... if it works fine, I promise ... repeat I promise to be back with the request to let me know how this can be disabled through a regtweak! :)

Cheers & Thanks again!

i can't apply these reg tweak... i paste them on notepad and save them as a *.reg file, when i run it windows pop-up an error saying that its not a valid registry script.

sample content of the file

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"NoInternetOpenWith"=dword:00000001