Registry Tweaks

I tried to manually remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "ginadll"="gina.dll" and it worked!

Now I would like to know how to remove this in a .reg, and also what is causing this to appear. might it be my autologon.reg/.cmd?

I tried to manually remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "ginadll"="gina.dll" and it worked!

Now I would like to know how to remove this in a .reg, and also what is causing this to appear. might it be my autologon.reg/.cmd?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"ginadll"=-

This should get rid of that entry for you from a .reg file. I think you would be better off finding out what program actually installs that DLL though to ensure you don't run in to conflicts.

I don't see anything in your autologon files that look like the source of the entry. You could try testing you uA CD without installing your applications to see if that helps. Or you could try uninstalling any "suspect" apps until the reg entry is removed.

Hope this helps.

Okey I did a test install now (virtual PC) without any apps... It worked... gina.dll is not loaded in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] and userimage appears on start-menu.

I don't quite understand what app could be causing this problem. any ideas?

Apps installed:

-Adobe Acrobat Reader 7

-Adobe Illustrator CS

-Adobe Photoshop CS

-Ahead Nero burning Rom 6.6

-Daemon Tools 3.47

-Microsoft Office 2003

-MSN Messenger 7 (beta)

-WinRAR 3.42

Not sure which app is causing the issue, BoardBabe. Of the ones listed there, the only 2 that I don't use for my own uA are Photoshop and Illustrator. I also use Office XP rather than 2003, but don't really think that is the culprit.

Since the reg entry is not there on your apps install, I suggest taking a snapshot of your VPC and then installing your apps one at a time exactly as if you were installing them during the uA process. After each app is installed, check to see if Gina.dll has been added to that reg key. If you get them all installed and it still hasn't come back, try reverting to the snapshot of the fresh install and install all of the apps at once using the same uA script that you usually do.

If you still haven't resolved it after this, I suggest starting a new thread so that this one can be moved back onto track of discussing reg tweaks specifically. :)

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Here is another reg edit. Hope it hasn't been posted yet (too many pages to look through). It's some MSN Messenger 7 tweaks I grabbed from my reg. Not sure if it'll work with the older versions.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\173911315]

;---Disable Annoying tabs in MSN Messenger

"DisableTabs"=dword:00000001

;---Disable MSN Today from poping up when MSN Messenger Starts

"DisableMSNToday"=hex:01,00,00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\2195251639]

;---Disable Annoying tabs in MSN Messenger

"DisableTabs"=dword:00000001

;---Disable MSN Today from poping up when MSN Messenger Starts

"DisableMSNToday"=hex:01,00,00,00

ps The number combo at the end may very, depending on the users.

I came across some nasty things which I whould like to disable and whould like to add to my regtweaks.reg:

save-as.png

This happens to me a lot lately: Many times when I whould like to save a normal JPG-file (that picture of System Cleanup is also a JPG-file) somehow I can only save the image as a BMP-file :angry:

Does anybody know how to "fix" this?

blockade.png

And this too...Does anybody knows if there's a register tweak or something to lift that security blockade off downloaded files? It's also very annoying!

Thanks in advance :)

CoRoNe

blockade.png

And this too...Does anybody knows if there's a register tweak or something to lift that security blockade off downloaded files? It's also very annoying!

Thanks in advance :)

CoRoNe

I believe:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]

"CheckExeSignatures"="no"

"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]

"LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mo

v;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

"HideZoneInfoOnProperties"=dword:00000001

I'm looking for a reg tweak to disable the option of recent used progams in the start menu.

I have used some ohter tweaks that i have found here and they all seem to work very nice.  :D

:thumbup So keep up the good work  :thumbup

Are you looking for a way to keep a specific program, or set of programs, from appearing in that list, or to keep that list from appearing at all? The tweak to set the number of items to be listed is in the text file posted in the first post of this thread. You should be able to get rid of the list by setting that number to zero.

The tweak to prevent a specific program from showing up in the list is also in that file. Search for the word Notepad, that's the program that's listed in the text file.

Hi Men, i have some questions:

**************************************************************************************

I Understand what mean these lines:

;----------------------[ Enable Auto-Complete Only For Webs and Explorer ]---------------------------------------------------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoComplete]

"AutoSuggest"="yes"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"Use FormSuggest"="No"

"FormSuggest Passwords"="No"

"FormSuggest PW Ask"="No"

But I do not know what means this line

;----- Disable Internet Explorer Auto-Complete prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms]

"AskUser"=dword:00000000

**************************************************************************************

What is the diference between these lines?

;---------------------------[ Disable Automatic Updates ]----------------------------------------------------------------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv]

"Start"=dword:00000004

;Disable Automatic Updates Notifications

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]

"UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

;----- Disable Autoupdates (to conserve bandwidth)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]

;"NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update]

"AUOptions"=dword:00000001

;"AUState"=dword:00000007

If i put this line

;----- Turns off the balloon tips altogether

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

;"NoSMBalloonTip"=dword:00000000

I think that There is no need to put any line to refer to ballon tip, for example these lines, it is really?

;--------------------------[ Disable the Desktop Cleanup Wizard ]----------------------------------------------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\CleanupWiz]

"NoRun"=dword:00000001

;-------------------------[ Disable Windows Tour ]----------------------------------------------------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Tour]

"RunCount"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Tour]

"RunCount"=dword:00000000

;---------------------------[ Disable Automatic Updates ]----------------------------------------------------------------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv]

"Start"=dword:00000004

This will disable the Automatic Update service that monitors Windows Update to see if any new critical updates have been released.

;Disable Automatic Updates Notifications

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]"UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

This will disable notification from the Security Center in SP2 that will warn you if automatic updates are not enabled.

;----- Disable Autoupdates (to conserve bandwidth)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU];"NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update]

"AUOptions"=dword:00000001

;"AUState"=dword:00000007

Like the first set, this will disable Automatic Updates. Rather than stopping the service, these entries configure the service so that it will never check, even if it is still running. I believe these settings are irrelevant once the service has been stopped by the first entry.

If i put this line

;----- Turns off the balloon tips altogether

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer];"NoSMBalloonTip"=dword:00000000

I think that There is no need to put any line to refer to ballon tip, for example these lines, it is really?

;--------------------------[ Disable the Desktop Cleanup Wizard ]----------------------------------------------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\CleanupWiz]

"NoRun"=dword:00000001

Don't know for sure, but makes sense to me.

Hope this helps.