Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

I DO insist on my point....since i dont wanna look like a newbie :P

IT DOES WORK :thumbup

Just retried it again on my RIS installation, the MSI i got from here DOES WORK with the traditional /qn switches

Just try it again....

And if you are not conviced about that.... i gonna make a video to prove it :D

i uninstalled firefox on my laptop on my pc

i tried the /qn /qb switch nothing

both computers using the latest sp2 w/ hotfixes

so ...

i asked 4 people from different parts of the world to test it also nada.

:wacko:

As promised, here is my video of Unattended /qb installation of Firefox

Enjoy... this is a great movie

done on a Precision 360 Windows XP SP2 with latest hotfixes

#1 Codec

#2 Video

Enjoy!

Camtasia from Techsmith

Well i don't care what exactly it does.....

The 2 things i wanted are there

#1) Official from mozilla.org installer

#2) Installe with simple switch /qn or /qb

This is much more simple than any other method found in the topic, or using some unofficial build.

Well...just to make sure...i did AGAIN a reinstallation of Firefox

Checked - Not in Add/remove CPL

Checked - Not any shortcut Start Programs, Desktop, QL

Checked - No Mozilla folder in Program Files

And again.....it runs flawless...

So there is something wrong on your side.....

simonsays, totoymola, crahak, and i spent a lot of time

working on our methods. and your going to say

This is much more simple than any other method found in the topic, or using some unofficial build.

Well im not disapproving what u are doing...if you want your Firefox installed with tweaks the way you like it... thats fine...

But in my case, i dont need these...i want something very easy with the default settings... i dont want to specify a lot of setting for my users in my corporate environment....

What i needed was something very easy without any tweaks.

In my case, i guess im lucky... worked with that MSI

Well I'm at a stand still with my latest...trying to alter the native installers config.ini to add and install themes and extensions.

As is they are added to the ini file...they do show up during custom install....but they hang when trying to perform the installation of them.

That said this code with minor tweaks should work just fine with Mozilla...just not currently with Firefox.

I think ToeCutter (?name?) said he had to edit the xpi and theme files in order to make it work....if I could find out what those edits are I could probably automate the whole repackaging of the files.

For those interested in seeing whats going on the files and folder structure is attached.

Notes:

Extract contents of Firefox installer to \Install\ folder

Place Extension XPI files in the \Cache_XPI\ folder

Place Theme JAR files in the \Cache_Theme\ folder

Execute the Firefox_Build.au3 file to assemble the package which will all be stored in the \Install\ folder.

You can execute the Firefox_Clean.au3 to restore the \Install\ folder to its prior state before changes in the config.ini took place along with the addition of JAR & XPI files to the package.

Any ways any helpful ideas would be welcome.

@jfmartel, it appears that the .msi file you provided a link, only accept the silent switches when it isn't renamed as @Astalavista said me. he also told me that after a time using it, a QFA popup becomes annoying.

i hate that f**** QFA agent so i'll stick to my custom setup and i recommend others to do the same.

btw, nice find, let's hope mozilla org. can improve that msi installer.

I read on Mozilla News Forum that if you delete the pluginreg.dat file it recreates it for you. I was looking through this guide and just wondered if instead of having to edit the .dat file you didn't need it at all?

From the Mozilla News site talking about a problem someone had with the Acrobat plugin:

What is your os?  You might want to go into your profile folder and delete the pluginreg.dat file.  Then, when you restart firebird it would recreate it with the correct reader.  Also, did you uninstall the 5.0 version or install the 6.0 version on top of the old one?

There was a reply confirming that this had solved the problem.