Adobe Reader 6.02 silent install

Hello.

I think I may have found the answer to slipstream 6.0.2 into the 6.0.1 installer.

First run the AdbeRdr602_distrib_enu.exe. go to the folder c:\windows\cache\adobe reader 6.0.2\enubig\ with dos command prompt.

then run "msiexec /a "adobe reader 6.0.1.msi" TARGETDIR="c:\ar" TRANSFORMS="rdr602.mst"

that should do it. when u run the install file in c:\ar it will be named adobe reader 6.0.1 and the setup will say it's installing that too. but when u start adobe reader, it'll show you what the real version is :):yes:

hope this helps, since i didn't see a solution for this problem here yet

Hello.

I think I may have found the answer to slipstream 6.0.2 into the 6.0.1 installer.

First run the AdbeRdr602_distrib_enu.exe. go to the folder c:\windows\cache\adobe reader 6.0.2\enubig\ with dos command prompt.

then run "msiexec /a "adobe reader 6.0.1.msi" TARGETDIR="c:\ar" TRANSFORMS="rdr602.mst"

that should do it. when u run the install file in c:\ar it will be named adobe reader 6.0.1 and the setup will say it's installing that too. but when u start adobe reader, it'll show you what the real version is  :)  :yes:

hope this helps, since i didn't see a solution for this problem here yet

Congrats, I posted that one page back :rolleyes:

OK, so far I've got my custom MSI file updated with the correct file versions/sizes (for some reason a lot of the 6.0.2 updated files weren't reflected in the file listing of the MSI), updated the MSI to say Acrobat Reader 6.0.2 instead of 6.0.1, added the registry entry which disables the EULA prompt on the first start of the program, and removed all of the shortcuts except for the main start menu item.

I'm currently working on totally removing the PrintMe service from the installer (the shortcuts are gone, but removing the actual files requires a bit more finesse). I also want to see if I can have it not launch the wisptis program if possible - hopefully it will only require a little registry finagling. I think I'd also like to disable the splash screen.

It's going to be a nice modified MSI when it's done 8).

EDIT: PrintMe is completely gone now B)

OK guys, pop quiz. What happens when I spend a night working on something and end up staying up way past my bed time? You guys benefit but of course! :D:P:lol:

I present to you guys my unattended Adobe Reader 6.0.2 installer. It features the following:

1.) 6.0.2 update completely integrated into the package

2.) PrintMe addin completely removed from the package

3.) Numerous registry tweaks, including: no splash screen, no EULA prompt, no ad bar, and more

4.) Only one shortcut created on the start menu (none on desktop)

5.) Switchless 7z self extractor (runs the embedded MSI file with the /qb switch)

6.) 14.9MB vs 34.7MB

Without further ado, download from the link below (and if you link to it from outside of this forum, I will hunt you down).

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/files/acroread602.exe (14.9MB)

well, i know a lot of people posted a fix, and it does deal with registry keys...maybe looking through the msi at the reg keys and comparing to whats removed so adobe doesnt open wisptis will alleviate you having to install journal.

link me up to a thread where someone posted the fix and I'll add it

OK guys, pop quiz. What happens when I spend a night working on something and end up staying up way past my bed time? You guys benefit but of course! :D:P:lol:

I present to you guys my unattended Adobe Reader 6.0.2 installer. It features the following:

3.) Numerous registry tweaks, including: no splash screen, no EULA prompt, no ad bar, and more

5.) Switchless 7z self extractor (runs the embedded MSI file with the /qb switch)

6.) 14.9MB vs 34.7MB

Without further ado, download from the link below (and if you link to it from outside of this forum, I will hunt you down).

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/acroread602.exe (14.9MB)

so basically i just drop this into my runonceex.cmd

and it will silently install right?

reg add %Key%\010 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat 6" /f
reg add %Key%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Adobe\acroread602.exe" /f

6.) 14.9MB vs 34.7MB

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/acroread602.exe (14.9MB)

so basically i just drop this into my runonceex.cmd

and it will silently install right?

reg add %Key%\010 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat 6" /f
reg add %Key%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Adobe\acroread602.exe" /f

correct (I have no idea what the /f is, but I assume it's part of the reg key adding process)

ran it throught vm works ok but a screen pops up. not fully silent.

similar to nero dialog box

Yes, 7-zip installers always show the extraction dialog. As far as I know, there's no way around it.

And I already said I used the /qb switch for the MSI part. If it really bothers you, you could always repack it yourself with the /qn switch.