Daemon Tools unattended problem :(

stickfun

ewww a 900+ kB bitmap

here i compressed it, so people on 56k can help

yes thats EXACTLY what im getting now, cant get around it...

no its not a glitch in sp2, (with dtools 3.46), it worked perfectly for me. now all of a sudden it doesnt....

post-80-1093032342_thumb.png

i figured out nlite is the cause of this problem. after splitstreaming w/ nlite, and immediatelly making an iso, i didnt have this problem. but if i continued w/ nlite and make it classic install etc, then i ran into this problem.

maby someone might look into this and find out exactly why nlite makes tis happen?

this obviously isnt a "problem" different components cause different things 2 happen, that is why its suggested that u test it specifically for what u need, b4 burning/finalizing your project, so u dont have this happen :P

no no, you want it to hit YES, otherwise the driver wont install and no dtools

:blushing: sorry i wanted to say "no, i don't want to search for a better driver". anyway have you tried to manage the installation with autoit??

ps: i'm sure there also must be a regkey to tell windows "never search for drivers on windows update

no no, you want it to hit YES, otherwise the driver wont install and no dtools

:blushing: sorry i wanted to say "no, i don't want to search for a better driver". anyway have you tried to manage the installation with autoit??

ps: i'm sure there also must be a regkey to tell windows "never search for drivers on windows update

how would you create such a script?

i got AutoIt and it was too confusing :wacko:

I found a good solution: i simply install it at T-12 with cmdlines.txt

i wrote a batch that launch the silent install and added it: it seems to work perfectly: i've got hte SCSI adapter, the tray-icon and the virtual CD-Reader.

hope this helps

how would you create such a script?

i got AutoIt and it was too confusing  :wacko:

well, i haven't played a lot with that but i took 1 as an example and it's not too difficult. you only have to insert the keys that needs to be pressed. take a look at this thread, download one autoit script and start writting...

edited: LOL, FORGET EVERYTHING BEFORE! a new version of daemon tools it's out (3.47), same switches and it appears to solve the sp2 problem:

It is a hotfix-version to adress the latest issues

(especially the atapi.sys-lock with XP SP2).

change log

download daemon tools 3.47

Edited by SiMoNsAyS