Daemon Tools unattended problem :(

stickfun

I would install deamon in a vmware or virtual pc and record the installation with winInstall... then I would just compile a installer with winInstall of the complete installation... This is also very usefull when you are installing drivers that arent certified without having to supress the windows protection on it... (am not sure about last bit though, but I havent had any problems so far)...

all i do is use /qn it doesnt reboot on me :P

& the scsi drivers are a problem, but its been discussed & the work around i believe was 2 include the drivers on your unattended cd, search device drivers forum for answers or even unattended forum :)

the virtual dvd drive that installs daemon it's a SCSI one. if you go to device manager you can see a "DTxxxPRT SCSI Controller" (D)aemon (T)ools (xxx) means 3 numbers version (P)o(RT). maybe it's a problem with that version of daemon, i use version 3.46 and my switch:

daemon.msi Reboot=ReallySuppress /qb-!

It's weird, but i never used to have that problem until recently. I swear i didn't change a thing, it just popped up.

But if I just leave it alone it goes away by itself. and the program still works. The SCSI controller I get is D346PRT. So i say heck it, i've got other things to worry about...:)

My switch is this :

%cdrom%\install\Daemon\daemon.msi /qb /norestart

no, i have the same problem, and i know whats causing it.

i tried just installing dtools exe (not msi) and it did the same thing. so it was obviously a sp2 problem.

the cause is that new option to install drivers from windows update. you have to make it NOT ask you (the top option)

the middle option (always ask) is the default. all i need is the registry tweak so i dont have to do this manually, here ill post a screen so you know what im talking about

post-80-1092872648_thumb.png

no, taskill wont work. windows is just asking you if you want to let it download a better driver from windows update, which is a waste of time because you already have the driver. a registry tweak or a script would fix this

i finnaly found the reg tweak so it wont ask me if i want to windows update. but NOW it asks me to search for the driver (it finds it if i tell it to search..)

WHY all of a sudden does it do this!?!? even doubleclicking the file will prompt me now. before (only adding a reg tweak), if i manually disabled windowsupdate driver search, it didnt prompt at all. now im confused..

if anyone knows how to solve this, plz tell us!