Weirdest puter-related thing that happened to you?

Ropera

I have been in tech and sales for many years so i have man =y great stories in my book...but one that comes to mind that was recent:

A guy called in with complates of random rebooting and system beep errors. He had purchsed some things from us in the past so i told him to bring the system and i could have a quick look at it, even though we were very busy. SO he drops it by i plug it in and power it up...while it started up the phone rang and i answered it...meanwhile i was looking over some other rigs, doing virus scans adware etc....i look over at the costomer that had just droped his computer by and hes face looked all confused....the guy on the phone continued to yap away, however the guy in the stores face changed from confusion to utter horror! i turn around and hes computer was smoking! by the time i got to the rig to turn it off, it had complely lit on firei quickly grabed a towl and smotherd the flames shoting out the back and the PSU!

Pretty intense for a day in the life of a computer Tech

:whistle:

|Drew|

A guy called in with complates of random rebooting and system beep errors. He had purchsed some things from us in the past so i told him to bring the system and i could have a quick look at it, even though we were very busy. SO he drops it by i plug it in and power it up...while it started up the phone rang and i answered it...meanwhile i was looking over some other rigs, doing virus scans adware etc....i look over at the costomer that had just droped his computer by and hes face looked all confused....the guy on the phone continued to yap away, however the guy in the stores face changed from confusion to utter horror! i turn around and hes computer was smoking! by the time i got to the rig to turn it off, it had complely lit on firei quickly grabed a towl and smotherd the flames shoting out the back and the PSU!

Pretty intense for a day in the life of a computer Tech

:whistle:

HOLY CRAP! :lol: That must've been ONE great day for you! :lol:

You've got to be kidding me... How stupid can some people be!? :w00t:

I'm not kidding you. I'll give you name and address, and you can call him up and ask whether he has staigthen out his routines :lol:

Well I can't give you his name, but it is actuallly true. :thumbup

kinda like what happened to ropera but the tray didnt "explode". The CDROM started making a funky noise then a shatter sound followed by noises of pieces spinning in the drive and then silence....to my shock, I was able to open the CD tray to find out that the CD had shattered inside the CDROM....needless to say I immediately replaced it (the CDROM that is!:))