Data recovery needed!

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Thanks to visa versa, prathapml and GreenMachine!

I'm tryin their solutions in the above order!

Geez, last again. Guess I gotta get a faster computer and connection (this mobile/laptop combination just ain't cuttin' it!)

For what it's worth, I've had pretty good luck recommending OnTrack's tool. Can't remember if it's called Data Recovery, or Data Advisor, on deleted files. Fortunatly, I've never had the need myself.

Winternals Disk Commander has saved me more than once on disks that headed south, you know, the one's that make that "click click" noise.

In any event, glad you've got something, Bâshrat the Sneaky. That must be a pleasant feeling after bumming out all morning!

Leave it to me to say the things that generally go without saying. However, having said that, now would be a good time to make sure you have a good backup of your important data. You've tempted fate once now, and escaped by the barest of margins. Next time, will you be so lucky?

- Ravashaak

:)

okay u've deleted the partition right?

u haven't created a new partition right?

if so u can get everything back

but if u created a partition on it, it'll get a little trickier and its gonna get messy if u even wrote something on that partition..

after all all of the programs do similar things.

That's why I posted here... I knew there were alot freeware utilities out there, but I didn't want to take the risk of (really) deleting/losing my data...

@zbeta: over here it takes 40-50 minutes for my 80 GB hdd... and that's only for my NTFS partitions, I'm afraid I've been too lazy and still have some FAT32 partitions on it..

@GreenMachine: no offense, man! It's easier when someone can help you through msn _and_ in your mother tongue :) Which is why visaversa was my first choice.

@ravashaak: I agree! From now on, you'll find backups everywhere in my room :rolleyes:

Where are your backups? Have you learned anything from this experience?

What I have learnt? Always make back-ups!!!

What I will do to prevent this in the future? Integrating the program Snapshot, mentioned by visaversa, into my Unattended XP CD!!!

Data recovery completed.

Partitioning completed.

Copying recovered data...