eagle00789

Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd  

2,055 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd

• Yes
    • No
    • What whould be the function?
    • Maybe

@Bâshrat the Sneaky: I don't mind. go ahead. By the way, that server is from my internet service provider

@mazin: For wich program, or is it in the default switches part

really and truly, is any Windows Installer installs if you it showed more then once :whistle:

As for teh "official" database, perhaps (I haven't opened the program yet) but not everyone uses RunOnceEX, though this will probally convert a good chunk of those batch peopel seeing as it could be easier.

@mazin: For wich program, or is it in the default switches part

Basically, the reboot is a Windows Installer property, not a switch. So, wherever you have an MSI setup, the correct way to reject a reboot is

REBOOT=Suppress

(note that there was no "/" preceding it).

Moreover, some installers want the property to be all capitals, which is why I have it that way above ("REBOOT" and not "Reboot"). Also, some I've seen some setups needing

REBOOT=ReallySuppress

(that switch to reject a reboot, instead of the one to simply "suppress" above)

Well, prathapml!

No problem giving a quick shot /off topic/. This is what I say:

Reboot is a property. (Nobody said it's a switch)

Either Suppress or ReallySuppress is a value.

Either Reboot=Suppress or Reboot=ReallySuppress is a switch, as I said above. Why? Because any command put on the command line for the purpose of changing the behaviour of installation MUST be called a switch.

Or I should say: What does a property do if put on the command line? Nothing, of course!

Moreover, those switches aren't picked arbitrarily. Each switch has its own purpose.

Plus, Reboot=S and Reboot=R are also correct! No slash in either case, as I said above.

ChEeRs!

@war59312: The autoupdate feature is on it's way in the next version. (Possibly 2.0) (done)

There will be a dropdown list, in wich you can type the name of the program. (done)

It will be sorted alfabeticly (done)

I Left the X out on purpose, so that you realy have to push the cancel button, because i know that many people like the X, but it's not a correct way of closing a program. (Will have a descent menu in the next version (done))

@Mazin: The user adding part will be incorporated in the next version. (done)

The new version with the above suggestions worked into it.

There is only 1 small thing. The Helpfile is NOT updated yes.

Also, the promised 250 programs that will be added to the database is not yet done. there is 1 program extra wich is not yet on the list. (Skype .95 beta is added)

If you want to add your own program to the Main database of the program, wich will be added in the updatefile, the submit your program to me thru a Private Message. Only submit the following:

ProgramName:

InstallerExecutable:

Parameters:

Extract:

The Extraction is only a yes or no. If extraction is needed in a special way, (like run the main installer and look in a special folder to find another file there) then include that in the pm.

@war59312: The autoupdate feature is on it's way in the next version. (Possibly 2.0) (done)

There will be a dropdown list, in wich you can type the name of the program. (done)

It will be sorted alfabeticly (done)

I Left the X out on purpose, so that you realy have to push the cancel button, because i know that many people like the X, but it's not a correct way of closing a program. (Will have a descent menu in the next version (done))

eagle, firstly thank you for all hard work and speedy dev time.

Couple of problems with v2.0

first is an error when i attempt to access the database see image below. second is the about box information still says v1.32 :whistle:

Cheers,

Felix

post-80-1092879138_thumb.png

I've looked up the version of my msdart.dll file, and it's version 2.71.9042.0 If you post your version of that file (its in %systemroot%\system32), then we can compare what and where might be wrong

SmallUpdate of the program: Corrected VersionNumber in the aboutbox, showed a hand in the aboutbox on the pictures, so that you know that they are clickable

maybe you could add some predefined custom commands taht are not a program but would still be usefull to run in RunOnceEx

for example:

-applying registry tweaks from a file name RegTweaks.reg

-deleting Install folder

-deleting driver folder

- <put ideas here>

I've looked up the version of my msdart.dll file, and it's version 2.71.9042.0  If you post your version of that file (its in %systemroot%\system32), then we can compare what and where might be wrong

The version number must be the problem as now i have installed on another system and all is well :thumbup

Thanks for your help mate!

Felix