eagle00789

Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd  

2,055 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd

• Yes
    • No
    • What whould be the function?
    • Maybe

Nice. RFE: That the database contains a field with comments. If Acrobat 6 is listed in its .exe form and also in its .msi form, having comments would allow to explain how to get your own .msi from the .exe. But maybe that's for version 2.0 or 3.0 and you could have it in an .xml file. Great program :thumbup Thank you!

Nice. RFE: That the database contains a field with comments. If Acrobat 6 is listed in its .exe form and also in its .msi form, having comments would allow to explain how to get your own .msi from the .exe. But maybe that's for version 2.0 or 3.0 and you could have it in an .xml file. Great program :thumbup  Thank you!

if you check the helpfile, see the add from database section, that will explain it

Nice. RFE: That the database contains a field with comments. If Acrobat 6 is listed in its .exe form and also in its .msi form, having comments would allow to explain how to get your own .msi from the .exe. But maybe that's for version 2.0 or 3.0 and you could have it in an .xml file. Great program :thumbup  Thank you!

if you check the helpfile, see the add from database section, that will explain it

Ok, got that. But that falls short of an explanation like this for Adobe Acrobat:

1. Start the original Acrobat 6.0.1 setup.

2. It will de-compress itself from the FEAD optimizer

3. Look in "C:\Windows\Cache" for the installer with MSI.

4. Open a command-window into that folder, and run the main MSI with the "/A" switch to make an admin-install point folder.

5. Copy away that folder safely, and install from there.

6. Download the 6.0.2 update, and start the setup, but don't click "Next".

7. Look in the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp\_is---" to get the extracted update.

8. Now keep both the admin-install and the update in one folder.

9. SFX them to extract silently to a folder of your choice.

10.Have your unattended scripts run both (the main+update) the MSIs with the /QB switch.

The total time-saved during uA setup = 2 mins.

Space saved on CD = 10 MB.

In time the database can be a fantastic resource all by itself. Having all kinds of information for different ways of setting up the different programs. In any case, that was just an RFE for the future ;)

@eagle00789

Are you looking to include more applications in your database to be included standard or would you prefer users add thier own? If you are looking to add more to the database as a standard configuration i would like to help you in this regard.

I think this is a great tool and would like to help it grow. :thumbup

Cheers,

Felix

Hey,

Nice work man. Error gone and remembering. :)

And BTW I hope you add more and more with an auto update option myself.

Though there needs to be a better way of choosing predefined solutions. Two arrows wont be enough when it goes over 100. Hard enough at 30.

Possibly a drop down list. Categorized by type of app maybe. And maybe a master list as well by first character of app. In of course, alphabetized order.

Also maybe on the "Add from Database" window you should an an X to close the window next to the ?.

Also how about making right clicking in an empty row opens the "Add Command" window.

Also when clicking the X to close the app when there are unsaved changes. Perhaps it would be wise to add a cancel button as well. Just in cause you did not mean to close the app. Would save time having to say yes save and having to reload app and then Load the settings.

more & more suggestions...all are good. eagle00789 has got much work to do. B)

Well, here's mine, too:

- There should be a way a user can add his own apps to the database in a GUI env.

- When uninstalling the app itself, tabstop must go to Yes, not No.

Thanks for your easy and simple GUI. :thumbup

@Jose: i will add that kind of stuff to the helpfile, because not that many programs have to be extracted.

@Aaron: Thanks. i enjoy it that you will add it there.

@Felix: I currently am adding about 250 programs to the list, but any help is always helpfull

@war59312: The autoupdate feature is on it's way in the next version. (Possibly 2.0) (done)

There will be a dropdown list, in wich you can type the name of the program. (done)

It will be sorted alfabeticly (done)

I Left the X out on purpose, so that you realy have to push the cancel button, because i know that many people like the X, but it's not a correct way of closing a program. (Will have a descent menu in the next version (done))

@Mazin: The user adding part will be incorporated in the next version. (done)

The uninstaller is not my work. it is a standard program (Inno Setup) and can't control that yet.

awesome job

this database could really become the "official" program switches database and if it could be regularly updated with everyone posting new apps switches im pretty sure this could help ALOT of people.

sticky ?