The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

Dear Microsoft,

Beginning August 5 for each day you delay service pack 2, I will club one of these cute baby seals...

ha ha ha....

hold it dude, first someone says "Either Microsoft releases Service Pack 2... or we start suiciding PC's..." and now this........

Just trying to confirm my assumptions... If I slipstream SP2 in my source-files, I can get rid off all Hotfixes, DirectX and Windows Media Player 9 right?

Yup! that's right.

When it releases to the general dumb-a** public (aug 25), this is where SP2 will be found - home.

Oh, woa!! My life hast changed -- It's Doom III, Half-Life 2, XP SP2!!! Whatta end of the summer!! Hehe.

I've heard from a very trustworthy friend/source that the RTM is delayed to the 6th; it's pretty definite.
I've also heard from my "source" :) that longhorn is being released this week, and that the world is coming to an end this month.

---- Nonsense. Redmond is located in GMT -8:00 hour timezone... So we probably won't see it till at least 12 noon eastern or 5 pm gmt today. The RTM has been right on schedule. Now, all we're wanting is a download link from where we can get it too, without breaking rules.

YAAAAYYYYYYY :)

RTM finally!

It will still be some time before the you can download it from a Public MS server. But we aren't the general public, are we?

I'll check with MS (if its okay with them) and post the final build's download link.

It's now 8:23PM August 5th here in Australia. When does America hit August 5th? I couldn't be bothered working out time zones (bring on internet time!).

I personally can't wait for this release. I just got Doom III, my new mobo, new vid card, new harddrive and the only thing holding me back now is SP2, oh, and Half-Life 2 but that can't be helped...

Wait, delayed again? What the hell...

YAAAAYYYYYYY

RTM finally!

It will still be some time before the you can download it from a Public MS server. But we aren't the general public, are we?

I'll check with MS (if its okay with them) and post the final build's download link.

OK, lets see --- where is that special link ...................... mouse don't fail me now!!

WTF, sabatoged by Microsoft again!!! :)

In other news this evening the worlds largest software producer Micro$oft has announced the abandonment of Windows XP Service Pack 2. Company founder and worlds richest nerd Bill Gates, announced the news from his diamond encrusted toilet bowl. The chief software architect cited issues with rabbid nerds biting him in the street saying "Suffer you little bastards, now you can wait for service pack 3".

WTF, sabatoged by Microsoft again!!! :)

Not exactly, its in intensive testing for some time, before being released.

Selected testers (since yesterday) have been e-mailed to download and report any last-minute issues. Soon enough, it will be available to a wider audience.

We'd rather not rush SP2, when it is *SO* close to release. Who knows, the reports that they get from this round of testing will end up in the "known issues" list. The link to download final (RTM) build was obviously not taken to kindly, by Microsoft.

Even as our excitement is winding down with the final release, even as we speak, the rest of the world is just about starting to pick up the buzz about SP2 (news/reviews/fixes/cracks/etc.). Here's your chance to be the some of the *FIRST* people to have SP2, and talk about it.