The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

SP2 is in its final throes of RTM. It was being intensively tested for any regressions. And is now code-base finalised. In some time, you'll all get to the US English SP2 final update. Shortly after, I'll try digging out the links to german/japanese as well - if there are any more votes which will justify it.

If you get this link, you are The Man

I'm going to stay right here on this thread today until you get it! (Hard to do when Microsoft knocks it right off the Web)

I don't know if I misunderstand some of you, but seems your all still waiting for the link. While the news-message very clearly stated, "We remain on track to RTM the product in August". Not that I don't want to trust Microsoft, but I'm just not able to anymore. And since it's only the 5'th of august, I won't be surprised if it doesn't 'hits the streets' until the 30'th....

Not that I don't hope prathapml will give "THE" link that will knock the internet down for an hour or so :)

Just not to sure of it.....

Slipstreaming: http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/12-p1.php

So u guys really think it'll still be today?! Cause if it is, I'll wait with me format c: to slipstream that 90 Megabytes on my well prepared and anticipated unattended setup

[edit]

Savest bet to reach people when the server would be down is e-mail...

Millions of persons are waiting for "THE SP" ....

But just think a little, let's say that only a quarter of those will download it in the first hours after release the MS servers will be down in just a few minutes :)

So we'll have to wait for servers to be online again :rolleyes:

Anyway it would be interesting to see statistics on how many people will download the SP in the first hours, how many persons are downloading in the same time ....

Millions of persons are waiting for "THE SP" ....

But just think a little, let's say that only a quarter of those will download it in the first hours after release the MS servers will be down in just a few minutes  :)

So we'll have to wait for servers to be online again    :D

Anyway it would be interesting to see statistics on how many people will download the SP in the first hours, how many persons are downloading in the same time ....

I'm pretty sure there will be trusted mirrors to download from... Then we'll crash THEIR servers... :rolleyes:

It seems that are some addicted ppl around. So I think this thread will be up even one month if it's necessary :D

Anyway there will always be someone here guarding MS site to see if the RTW has been done :)

A message for those who decided not to sleep in order to wait the SP. Go 2 bed men this wait could take till August end ..... :rolleyes: So if u r tired go 2 bed :D