The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

i have a small offtopic question. why i cant post url like n e o w i n (without spaces) ? i get <spam> instead of n e o w i n . why is that?
Some grudge that we seem to have against them, which dates back to the time when whistler was in development - so it gets "spam"med out by the content filter system.

Live msfn webchat via IRC? that'd be cool, but then what happens to the Guinness Book of Records that gabriel_buc spoke of?

And when they contact you are you going to ask, "can I have the 2181 build? "
Build 2181/2179 doesn't exist in stable form anyway - it is most likely 2180 or 2185 which is going to be called RTM-final.
new news that has happened in the last couple of hours
Will get back on that in some time.
ALL major P2P : Bittorrent, Overnet, Shareaza, DC++, Kazaa
Suggestion taken. Will seed in each of those.

Release on 5th wasn't a joke, but its true that the 6th of August is getting closer every minute. :) But would you use a stable XPSP2 or rather put up with an SP rushed out a day earlier than would'a been ideal?

RTW is expected to be soon, folks. Prepare to get used to a clogged Internet for the next 3 days.

BTW, this thread is becoming a party - turning from a "feelings about SP2" into a nice place for socialization.

BTW, this thread is becoming a party - turning from a "feelings about SP2" into a nice place for socialization.

Nice ain't it :D. I can't wait to slipstream, I've got everything waiting just for that one download ...

Though at the moment I'm considering whether I should just do a clean install now, and slipstream later, when released. I have two pc's, so I'll be able to follow the thread, and help bringing MS's servers down when released :)

Been messing around with my registry a bit to much. I removed some default actions for filetypes (and Folders, dôh), just to see what would happen. Didn't make a backup cause I'd do a clean install anyway.... Hehe

Hehe

Now when I doubleclick a folder it compresses it's contents into a WinRAR archive. I found out when I opened my folder with 10 GB of games.... :rolleyes:

hi

i have a question about that what is included in SP2 for WinXP PRO.

This threat has 17 pages now and i don't feel well to them all.

Windows Media Player 9 --> included, I read this on a Microsoft Website

.Net Framework --> not included, I read this in this threat i think

Windows Media Encoder 9 --> ???

Windows Movie Maker 2 --> ???

DirectX 9.0c --> ???

thanks

t-o-m-m-y

Millions of persons are waiting for "THE SP" ....

But just think a little, let's say that only a quarter of those will download it in the first hours after release the MS servers will be down in just a few minutes  :)

So we'll have to wait for servers to be online again    :rolleyes:

Hah, forget the actual download servers, where immense pressure is certain.

Even the pressure of these many nerds just talking about release, seems to have ended up in MSFN forum's MySQL servers crashing for 2 hours or so!

Millions of persons are waiting for "THE SP" ....

But just think a little, let's say that only a quarter of those will download it in the first hours after release the MS servers will be down in just a few minutes  :)

So we'll have to wait for servers to be online again    :rolleyes:

Hah, forget the actual download servers, where immense pressure is certain.

Even the pressure of these many nerds just talking about release, seems to have ended up in MSFN forum's MySQL servers crashing for 2 hours or so!

LOL, that was sabotage...guess from who lol...

I also think the same (XP SP2 will be released soon), it just a minor delay and will be available soon, in a few days or so.
HOURS or so (prolly minutes, who knows).

please make space on your FTPs and keep them ready. It'd be nice if a few people could mirror the build after getting it from the provided link - for a few hours atleast (till the rush within MSFN dies down).

It'd be nice if a few people could mirror the build after getting it from the provided link - for a few hours atleast (till the rush within MSFN dies down).

MSFN will mirror the SP on their servers ?????????

I HIGHLY doubt it! :)