Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

I think personally you should update to 5.05 and try to fix the issue later.
A vote from here too in favour of that step, going forward.

Have the elections results been declared yet? Which candidate wins in this thread? Is it v5.04 or v5.05 ? :P

Maintaining two MSIs simply doesn't make the cut - too much complication to remember which one had which bugs fixed. And in any case, we'd like to have the latest available - and who cares when the exclusivity is in favour of the latest ? (all would be happy). Please take your time to release the new MSI - there's no hurry to sideline anything else... :)

Yeah, me too - I was on the winamp forums for close to half-an-hour trying to dig-out what was so happily said here. :lol: Dude, have some pity on the harried people who have to always keep up with the latest (never mind if it is alpha/beta :P). It isn't april either now (for april-fool spins) - but had a nice laugh just now, LOL.

So, anyways what's the final word - winamp 6 is a joke? (I hope so). And is alanoll moving to v5.05 for the next release of winamp MSI ?

Slight update....

I got around to redoing the MSI today....

I added in dynamic paths and such to the files, so from each new version, assuming there aren't new files (ones that are BRAND new not Update), all I'd have to do is copy the installed files to the new setup paths, and be done with it. Rebuild, and post the link.

The new MSI is going under some testing, before I post the link to it here (there'll be a new thread, since it's a new version. No need for people to get confused and see all these error messages :P ) And I believe I figured out the CDDB thing, so yeah....

I expect Monday (bout 20:00 GMT or early in the morning before I leave again) for the link to be up.

Folks - I have been trying the winamp MSI for the last few days and haven't got a clean install from runonce yet. Here is my runonce command line syntax, I know it's gotta be the syntax, I just can't get it right. Some much needed help is required, when I run the command line in a command prompt it works fine.

Below are some other commands I have tried without much luck, can someone shine some light? By the way the install works great with the INI file except when I contradicted myself in the INI by telling it that I want Classic Skin and Modern Switch turned on XMODERNSKIN=1 - took me a while to figure this one out.

XSKINSETTING=Winamp Classic

XMODERNSKIN=1

Now looks like this.

XSKINSETTING=Winamp Modern

XMODERNSKIN=1

%systemdrive%\install\WINAMP\winamp504.msi /qb INI="%systemdrive%\install\WINAMP\winamp.ini" /f <----doesn't work, same line works fine when ran from the command prompt. I relaize that I'm missing the quotes at the beginning and end of the line. But when I do add them it also doesn't work.

"%systemdrive%\install\WINAMP\winamp504.msi /qb INI=%systemdrive%\install\WINAMP\winamp.ini" <----doesn't work

"%systemdrive%\install\WINAMP\winamp504.msi /qb INI=%systemdrive%\install\WINAMP\winamp.ini" <----doesn't work

C:\Winamp504.msi /qb INI=C:\winamp.ini <-----works fine when I run it from command prompt and move the files there

"%systemdrive%\Winamp504.msi /qb INI=%systemdrive%\winamp.ini" <-----also works fine when I run it from command prompt and move the files there