recovery cd for dell latitude

diamondgirl

can anyone tell me where i can get a recovery cd for my dell latitude c500/600 laptop? I am very green when it comes to this stuff, so pleaase have patience with me. Or can you tell me where to look to see if there is a recovery section on my hard drive? thank you for any help you can offer.

No... the Dell Latitude laptops are business class, and the 'recent' recovery disks are pretty clean... OS, drivers, and little else... none of the AOL crap and such that shows up on consumer machines

WAs it given to you as a gift or did you get it from your company? Also when you say small screen, do you mean it actually boots an you see a desktop? If so just right click the deskop choose properties then the settings tab and slide the little button to the right that say screen resolution the click apply it will ask you if you want to keep the settings if you can see everything then you can hit ok, if the area still is to small on your screen just increase it again, it should be 1024 by 786 or above. hth

to get service tag if not on label on bottom of machine, either go to Dells tech support page and have it auto detect it for you, downloads a small activex app to do it or press F2 when the DELL logo is on the screen at first power on, the first bios screen has it displayed there.

As far as a recovery cd, the C500/600 came with an OS cd and a Apps/Drivers cd, not really a recovery cd. Unfortunately you normally are stuck buying a new one if yours is lost.

If the small screen you are talking about is that the screen has a approx. 1" black bar going arounf it either change the resolution to the max the screen will display of press FN-F7 an it will stretch the display to fill.