1. 1. Best e-mail client?

• Thunderbird
    • Outlook
    • Outlook Express
    • Eudora
    • Pegasus
    • Other

• 4 weeks later...

I love Outlook myself... I probably use it more than almost anyone here. I have a customized package installed on all of our client PCs so when a user logs on it uses the windows authentication to log into the exchange server and download mail. No configuration on my part! Also, I link the calendar and address book to our SharePoint services intranet site. Oh, also, my Motorola MPx220 syncs with my calendar and address book and task list in outlook.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I voted for Outlook.

Another client not in the list is Novell GroupWise. It's probably comparable to Lotus Notes.

This poll should probably be split into two. With things like Outlook Express and Thunderbird in one and business class clients, Outlook, Lotus Notes, & GroupWise in another. Right now it's like comparing a compact to an SUV. :)

True... it does depend on what a person needs in a program.

I've used both Outlook and Thunderbird (well... 1.02 was the latest I used), and they are both good programs. I use Outlook more though since I use the notes and Calendar as well.

I also just like the three vertical pane layout of Outlook better than Thunderbird. :)

thunderbird for me :)

ive used outlook xp before(comes with office xp, havnt tried 2003 yet but i do have it) and it is pretty much the same as thunderbird but im just taking the mozilla route for everything now