Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
Sield

Switches for Kaspersky 5 & key

It was already explained. Copy it as whatever_file_name.key.yek to your installdir and that's it. It works fine for me and many others.

shouldnt it just install the key automatically? During a normal install It has never asked me about a key file... it chooses it automatically.

It seems Kaspersky Personal Pro is only at v5.0.12 and apparantely the /S nor /s switch work for this, atleast it does not work for me. How come the Personal Pro version is behind in version numbers and also how come the silent install switch does not work with it? What am I to do? :(

Great thread, thanks for the info all. Too bad the new version of KAV grinds my system to a halt. Guess I'll try something else.

Hmm, everyone is saying something about kav.exe, but i got the kav personal demo with kav.key. The demo installer extracts the following files to C:/Kav/Personal5.0/English:

• 0007E6F5.key
  • kav5.0.227_personalen.exe
  • release_notes.htm
  • And the dir "doc" with a pdf inside.

do i need to install it using the kav5.0.227_personalen.exe /S?

huh I don't understand all these problems...

I download (from 'product downloads') Kav Personal, place it in the folder:

XPCD\InstallApps\antivirus\kav.exe

and also place the .key file there:

XPCD\InstallApps\antivirus\kav.key

Now just use /s switch (or /S dunnow)... Kav will automatically use the key(s) located in the same dir as the installer! It works for me like this since the first 5.0 version... Kav is one of the easiest silent installations!

PS: the .key file doesn't have to be renamed to 'kav.key' or something... any name will do as long as it has the correct extension and is a correct key.

huh I don't understand all these problems...

I download (from 'product downloads')  Kav Personal, place it in the folder:

XPCD\InstallApps\antivirus\kav.exe

and also place the .key file there:

XPCD\InstallApps\antivirus\kav.key

Now just use /s switch (or /S dunnow)... Kav will automatically use the key(s) located in the same dir as the installer! It works for me like this since the first 5.0 version... Kav is one of the easiest silent installations!

PS: the .key file doesn't have to be renamed to 'kav.key' or something... any name will do as long as it has the correct extension and is a correct key.

Look, i downloaded the kav5.0trial_personalen.exe from here and then that file askes you where to extract it, default is C:/kav and he runs the installer from there. So my question is, wich one do you use? the kav5.0trial_personalen.exe or the extracted installer from the C:/kav dir?

OHH!

No I don't download trial version!

download from here:

http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates

:thumbup

place your .key file in the same dir as the downloaded "kav5.0.227_personalen.exe"

and run it from there using /s (or /S)

Works PERFECTLY!

(If you don't have a key... it will install but will ask (after a reboot I think) for a key file otherwise antivirus will be disabled untill you specify a keyfile...)

how can i save my configuration of KAV v.5.0.20 in file and than with my unattended install winxpsp2 i can attach this file to kav?