Tiktok is actually getting banned in the US

The House of Representatives decided to pass a bill to ban Tiktok, because of how many politicians voted for it. Only 65 politicians voted against the bill, and a whopping 352 other politicians voted for it.

If they are banning TikTok for stealing data, why not ban Shein and Temu? They (apparently) use child labor, AND collect user data. 2X WORSE THAN TIKTOK! , Quote by Random Person

Anyways...

What do you feel about this bill? Good? Bad? Leave a reply!

Sources :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2024/tiktok-ban-house-vote/

5 hours ago, Random Person said:

If they are banning TikTok for stealing data, why not ban Shein and Temu? They (apparently) use child labour, AND collect user data. 2X WORSE THAN TIKTOK!

It raises too many questions, if in America they are so hard on the eco subject, why not ban everything from China? They (apparently) pollute the planet, AND collect user data. 200X WORSE THAN USA!

On 3/20/2024 at 11:26 PM, Karla Sleutel said:

Good! While being at tik-tok, I was always feeling creepy. 

I'm now worried sick after I read that! I had sensitive pics on that phone with tick-tock.

On 3/28/2024 at 9:15 AM, EliraFriesnan said:

I'm now worried sick after I read that! I had sensitive pics on that phone with tick-tock.

Was the location tag off?

I would never install install spyware like Tik-tok on my phone unless maybe in a deeply virtualized and isolated environment.

Nevertheless I am generally against any kind of software bans, including this one.

It feels like banning (names are made up) Turbo KMS but allowing (forgetting about) Super KMS and I don't think it's how the law should look like

Edited by TSNH
auto spellcheck typo