Windows 11 Is The Worst Windows Ever Period.

legacyfan

Windows 11 has severe identity crisis. I don't mind non-tweaked Win10 as much, but Win11 is seriously annoying. The context menus, the crippled taskbar...

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

Windows 11 has severe identity crisis. I don't mind non-tweaked Win10 as much, but Win11 is seriously annoying. The context menus, the crippled taskbar...

Late Win10 and all of 11 has been horrible. Even early to mid 10 is only decent, and that is when you use server 2016/2019

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ZortMcGort11 said:

the interface on Windows 95 was faster. At least it had visible scroll bars that didn't require hovering over to make appear.

The interface was far better AND windows 95 was far faster in general, and no BS. If only it had support for multiple cpus and was under NT

Win95 did much less under the hood. Not really fair to compare Win11 to an OS from almost 30 years ago that had to fit in 4 MB of RAM.

26 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Win95 did much less under the hood. Not really fair to compare Win11 to an OS from almost 30 years ago that had to fit in 4 MB of RAM.

The point is it did fit in less than 4mb ram, which shows its possible. What the heck did Windows turn in to

Posted (edited)

well in defence of windoze, NT is evolving system so naturally it became heavier
but this "heavyness" should have stopped after win7,
granted 8 was mostly invested in ARM code and again forced .NET what they called "UWP" back then

but with 10 and 11 oh my freaking gawd... garbage upon garbage
i know i've seen on some site dev commenting (think it is that chinese guy on ms blog) how many lines of code had vista versus 10
i think it trippled

Edited by vinifera

OH MY GAWD!  I've never heard so much crap, from people who I would think know better.  Maybe NOT!

I'm running the smallest and fastest MS OS since DOS 6.22. 

Currently, Windows 11, Pro, Optimum 11, 24H2, V4.1, on a system built in 2012.

It installed in < ten minutes and is lightning FAST.  No BS, just a great little OS.

Cheers Mates,

:thumbup

My experience is different. I somewhat agree with @Andromeda43 , the w11 feels slower because of its animation but the drivers are  working better than w10 in my case (haswell i5 laptop). I shifted from w10 iot ltsc to w11 iot ltsc enterprise and not going back!  changed the look(start menu, taskbar, tray options , file browser) using "startallback"  there are other options like openshell, explorer patcher. 

image.png.7adff728c1ba4d76f73a6d71bae78a9e.png

Edited by Sparkling

On 7/7/2024 at 7:47 PM, Andromeda43 said:

OH MY GAWD!  I've never heard so much crap, from people who I would think know better.  Maybe NOT!

I'm running the smallest and fastest MS OS since DOS 6.22. 

this tells alot about "your knowledge"

On 7/7/2024 at 7:47 PM, Andromeda43 said:

It installed in < ten minutes and is lightning FAST. 

i installed XP in less than 5 minutes
oh wait yes... i modified it...

Edited by vinifera