MSFN forum editor - Inserting of certain links impossible

As already reported multiple times by different members, I am also not able to insert specific links into posts for months. If I want to insert any link to a MSFN post, I have to display it as a normal link every time, otherwise an error message pops up. It is also not possible to insert other special links such as a harmless custom button link in the code area of the editor. What is actually going on here? :angry: :dubbio: In any case, this makes it almost impossible to post more complex content with the MSFN forum editor. :realmad: And this editor is definitely broken for whatever reasons and hasn't already been fun for a long time. :no: To speak plainly, I am not a fan of such restrictions introduced for whatever reasons. nimportequoi.gif And if an editor offers a certain feature like a link in a preview box, then it should also work. At least, this feature used to work in the past. In any case, I'm not a fan of "improvement for the worse", which seems to be the norm these days. gyrophare.gif 

There is a nice saying from the beginnings of the home computer era that still carries a lot of wisdom even in these days: ntars.gif

AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And if an editor offers a certain feature like a link in a preview box, then it should also work.

There are always two sides to every coin.

I personally "hate" the preview box and want links posted as a link that the user has to click if the user wants to go there.

I block these preview boxes "without prejudice".  They just "invite" cross-domain privacy and security vulnerabilities.

"To each their own", of course.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

There are always two sides to every coin.

I personally "hate" the preview box and want links posted as a link that the user has to click if the user wants to go there.

That's your right and ultimately a matter of personal taste. But that doesn't change the fact that a feature that used to work and is still offered no longer works. :no: Aside from that, the MSFN forum editor has many other quirks and dysfunctions. :angry: The rudimentary BBCode implementation is also worth mentioning.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

•  
		</pre><li>		In code box?	</li>	<li>		line

Hmm. Definitely not what I entered....

Edit: And garbled upon edit. The inline editor has never been as good as the old full-featured editor that opened full-window.

Edited by jumper

Current version of the IPB Forum does not actually support BBCode like in the old versions and with other forums. It uses it as a markup only and of course you can't set the editor to bbcode view only. Personally don't care for this direction IPB has gone. As for the links thing, yes it is an issue and appeared to be disabled a few weeks ago.

Don't need two topics for this.

Rel: https://msfn.org/board/topic/185994-cant-edit-my-first-post-in-thread/