Mypal 68 Portable.

Hi,

I have installed the browser Mypal 68 from a zip file thinking it was portable, but it isn't, it copies 2 folders to

C:. Is there a portable version of Mypal 68? Or is there a way to make this already installed version portable?

I don't want any files of this browser on the C: drive.

I have configured the browser as I like it, so I want to keep the settings. In case I can convert it to portable.

In this case, how could I use these settings?

Thanks.

I think you just need a portable loader: a small program that launches Mypal with a flag telling it to put the profile in its own subdirectory, rather than the default location on C:.

@roytam1 wrote one for Pale/New Moon, but it's easy to modify for any Firefox-derived browser, including Mypal 68. I just changed the .txt file to launch "mypal.exe" instead of "palemoon.exe" and am attaching the loader below. As you can see it's pretty small.

Extract both of the files in the .7z into the folder you have Mypal.exe in. Make sure Mypal 68 is not running, then copy your current "profiles" folder, which is probably something like C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mypal68\Profiles\<some random name>, to the folder you have Mypal.exe in, and rename the folder "profile" (without the quotes) instead of the random name it has.

Now you can put the whole thing on a thumb drive, plug it into any PC, and launch "Portable Loader.exe" instead of "mypal.exe." It will start Mypal 68 for you, using the settings in the "profile" folder on your thumb drive.

You can also modify "Portable Loader.txt" to start mypal.exe with any other command-line arguments you want.

Portable Loader.7z

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2023 at 10:58 PM, Mathwiz said:

I think you just need a portable loader: a small program that launches Mypal with a flag telling it to put the profile in its own subdirectory, rather than the default location on C:.

@roytam1 wrote one for Pale/New Moon, but it's easy to modify for any Firefox-derived browser, including Mypal 68. I just changed the .txt file to launch "mypal.exe" instead of "palemoon.exe" and am attaching the loader below. As you can see it's pretty small.

Extract both of the files in the .7z into the folder you have Mypal.exe in. Make sure Mypal 68 is not running, then copy your current "profiles" folder, which is probably something like C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mypal68\Profiles\<some random name>, to the folder you have Mypal.exe in, and rename the folder "profile" (without the quotes) instead of the random name it has.

Now you can put the whole thing on a thumb drive, plug it into any PC, and launch "Portable Loader.exe" instead of "mypal.exe." It will start Mypal 68 for you, using the settings in the "profile" folder on your thumb drive.

You can also modify "Portable Loader.txt" to start mypal.exe with any other command-line arguments you want.

Portable Loader.7z 24.61 kB · 10 downloads

Thank you and I will try it out soon as I've been running is 'as is'.