Best Antivirus/Firewall Programs For Windows 10/11

legacyfan

based off the windows xp antivirus thread this post will be for discussing antivirus that work only on windows 10/11/ and to bring more solutions for other options for better securing these systems and there software

Windows 10 and 11 users can and IMO should simply use Microsoft’s built-in antivirus protection. (No, I’m not the “Kaspersky salesman” as you-know-who likes to insinuate. If MSE was still an option for XP, then there wouldn’t be any Windows XP antivirus thread at all.) Of course every other antivirus product is struggling for a share of the Windows 10/11 pie, but the going is tough - which is why there have been so many mergers in recent years.

The disadvantage of MSE is that it depends on Windows updates to get the definitions. There are certain computers that can't get updated. Like those HP stream laptops with 32GB of space.

I have tried Kaspersky and 360 Security. Both are light. But you get more ads with 360 Security. I forgot to say that I tried the new Zone Alarm in one of the computers in the office and it was very light but as soon as I installed it I had problems with network printers. They wouldn't work. Tried playing with the settings but there's not much to configure in the new Zone Alarm so I gave up on it. But if you don't have network printers it's alright. It's very light as well.

Edited by tekkaman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/6/2023 at 1:39 PM, HarryTri said:

There are also the well known Avast, AVG and TotalAV, with their free versions.

ive tried avast before and it was not really my favorite one to use as it constently bloats my system with useless extras i don't even need in the first place :}

On 8/13/2023 at 1:51 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

Windows 10 and 11 users can and IMO should simply use Microsoft’s built-in antivirus protection. (No, I’m not the “Kaspersky salesman” as you-know-who likes to insinuate. If MSE was still an option for XP, then there wouldn’t be any Windows XP antivirus thread at all.) Of course every other antivirus product is struggling for a share of the Windows 10/11 pie, but the going is tough - which is why there have been so many mergers in recent years.

this i can definitely agree with ive used windows defender (now microsoft defender) for awhile now and it definitely works better than avast or any others ive tried before