Searching for Photo Collage Software

FantasyAcquiesce

Hello,

To this very day, I am frustrated with what little freeware and open source options exist for simply inputting multiple images and putting them in a nice arrange and/or background. Collages software has existed for decades now and I am just hoping to find one for use on etsy. I am hoping for anything.

Thank you for your time.

BUT it needs to run on 9x/Me? :dubbio:

I am asking because - generally speaking - this kind of software needs lots of memory/RAM, otherwise it will often swap to hard disk, slowing down each and every operation, and the typical machine running 9x/Me will have some memory limits and relatively slow hard disk(s). 

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

13 hours ago, jaclaz said:

BUT it needs to run on 9x/Me? :dubbio:

I am asking because - generally speaking - this kind of software needs lots of memory/RAM, otherwise it will often swap to hard disk, slowing down each and every operation, and the typical machine running 9x/Me will have some memory limits and relatively slow hard disk(s). 

jaclaz

Yes. I am hoping to make my old Windows ME laptop useful ;)

Applications like PhotoMix are what I am searching for.

I'll keep an eye out.

The only thing that comes to mind is XnView. I doubt it comes close to everything you need. There is a version that works with normal Win9x. But I think Version 6.53 works with KernelEx. It has slideshow creation type options(s?).

There is CubicExplorer (Version 0.95.0.1424). It may also need KernelEx, but only has a filmstrip view mode.

I'm sure there is something, but it might not be freeware. If I bump into anything, I'll pass the name(s) along.

I'm a little curious how one (app) will work with Etsy. For viewing and selecting the perfect set of images? Or uploading a collage? Its not important; I just haven't worked with Etsy. Though, I have thought about it.

Edit: If I was in a pinch, and had to come up with a collage, I'd maybe use something like Komposer or Seamonkey's Composer. They are for webpage creation, but should work for image layout. A person could just use invisible tables. If you've never used software like that before, it can take some mastering. You shouldn't need any Html knowledge, it is WYSIWYG. Spacing and alignment are key things to focus on.

On that kind of line, there are probably other options too.

Edited by awkduck

Microsoft Image Composer 1.5

Paint Shop Pro X Free Edition

Older versions of Gimp

Photofiltre

AZPainter 2

Older versions of FireAlpaca

Etc..., lots of choices really