My Windows XP OS Addons and Update Pack (2023)

On 21 February 2024 at 12:43 AM, Milkinis said:

I have compared your list of updates to the updates brought by https://legacyupdate.net/ method and it doesn't match, there are missing updates in either lists.

The only way to resolve this issue is to identify updates that are unique in my list and the list provided by the Legacy Update site and then consult the Microsoft Update Catalog to see if these updates were superseded.  If not they could be added to a revised update list.  The problem with this approach is that the Microsoft Update Catalog has removed many SP3 updates

2 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

The problem with this approach is that the Microsoft Update Catalog has removed many SP3 updates

this is the reason that got me asking if there was an official list from Msoft because I feel many non SHA2 updates got lost along the way

I can share my personal list with you, it's a lightweight excel file.

it includes the normal post EOL updates + the POSready ones + the NET framerwok updates

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Remove Obsolete Drivers

File: Drivers_Removal_Addon.7z  (OneDrive)
File: Drivers_Removal_Addon.7z (4Shared)

MD5: 7868DD0B5761D8E5C36C8E2EB62A65DE
SHA-1: 1F64D0AA1E4830B45D242F71A6EFA28395AEC803
SHA-256: 5ABC43259A0833F6301AD34971EDF40F31EE3CE4F8A36228B691ABB2A26E9DA3
Release date: 16/05/2024
Size: 80.9 KB

This addon will remove obsolete drivers from %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers, driver.cab and SP3 along with associated executables, DLLs and INF files,including those in %SystemRoot%\inf.  Registry keys have been removed from HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\MUILanguages\RCV2, HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services, and HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\System.

List of categories of drivers removed

Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
Cameras and Camcorders
Display Adapters
Display Adapters (old)
Ethernet (LAN)
IBM PS2 TrackPoint
IBM ThinkPad
ISDN
Logitech WingMan
Microsoft SideWinder
Modems
Multifunctional
Portable Audio
Printers
Scanners
SCSI/RAID
Serial Pen Tablet
Sony Jog Dial
Sound Controllers
Tape drives
Toshiba DVD decoder card
Wireless Ethernet (WLAN)
Brother Devices
Gravis Digital GamePort
Multi-port serial adapters

I have retained infra red and card reader drivers

Note that 4Shared is blocked in the UK.  Residents in the UK should use a VPN server in the US or the Netherlands

Edited by Zorba the Geek

WOW, thank you for creating this thread and reuploading all of these files !

Feeling very nostalgic about the good old RyanVM forums :)

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2024 at 10:01 AM, Zorba the Geek said:

Also the line

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Xbase","win32",0x0,"D:\WINDOWS\system32\msxbde40.dll"

should be

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Xbase","win32",0x0,"%11%\msxbde40.dll"

The text string error occured because I reused the 5erPOSUp.inf file from my original English build of the POSReady update pack, rather than rebuild it anew by installing each Microsoft Spanish update and logging the changes.  Because I use the entries from logs of the changes made by the update installers the path error was included in my 5erPOSUp.inf file.  

So for someone who has already installed XP (+POSReady) using the English versions of your addons, would it be sufficient to just modify the registry entries post-install?

Or is it necessary to have the correct entries during installation?

Also compared to 5eraph's original addon, your 5erPOSUP.inf has a lot of references to D:\WINDOWS\

Shouldn't it be C:\WINDOWS\ or something like %systemdrive%\WINDOWS\ ? Maybe the %systemroot% variable could work as well.

For example :

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Installations\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.7660_x-ww_936580bb\Codebases\U_KB4490228","URL",0,"D:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386/controls.man"
Edited by superleiw

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 19 May 2024 at 1:03 PM, superleiw said:

So for someone who has already installed XP (+POSReady) using the English versions of your addons, would it be sufficient to just modify the registry entries post-install?

Or is it necessary to have the correct entries during installation?

Also compared to 5eraph's original addon, your 5erPOSUP.inf has a lot of references to D:\WINDOWS\

I am sorry I retained these errors in 5erPOSUp.inf which did not seem to have a harmful effect when installed on my C drive.  You could correct the registry post install to be on the safe side.  Just search the registry for D:\Windows and change it to C:\Windows.  The errors occurred because the 5erPOSUp.inf entries were based on logging the changes to the registry after installing each update, and I must have been using an XP installation on a second partition.  I have since corrected 5erPOSUp.inf by replacing all instances of D:\Windows with %SystemRoot% and re-uploaded the XPSP3 QFE POSReady Addons.

Edited by Zorba the Geek

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I am sorry I retained these errors in 5erPOSUp.inf which did not seem to have a harmful effect when installed on my C drive.  You could correct the registry post install to be on the safe side.  Just search the registry for D:\Windows and change it to C:\Windows.  The errors occurred because the 5erPOSUp.inf entries were based on logging the changes to the registry after installing each update, and I must have been using an XP installation on a second partition.  I have since corrected 5erPOSUp.inf by replacing all instances of D:\Windows with %SystemRoot% and re-uploaded the XPSP3 QFE POSReady Addons.

The file lines are correct now. Great. Are you interested in updating YumeYao's Windows Media Player Update Addon?
Because I already have One Piece.
I used to Trying to update But I think I have my own.
So I don't think it's necessary for me.

Edited by MilkChan

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, MilkChan said:

The file lines are correct now. Great. Are you interested in updating YumeYao's Windows Media Player Update Addon?
Because I already have One Piece.

The download links for the YumeYao addon at Wincert and the archived ryanvm.net forum are dead, but after after much Googling I found this live link for YumeYao_WMP11_Addon_ENU_V3_4_5.7z

This addon was last updated in 2011, although there was a version 3.5.1 which I cannot find.  I suppose I ought to start a new thread inviting XP diehards to upload their ryanvm.net addons which could act as an archive to ensure that they are not lost from the internet.

It may be useful to update this addon because according to the Wincert thread it does offer features not found in the onepiece addon.  Rather than allow automatic updates offer the updates it might be possible to search for them on Microsoft Update catalog.

Edited by Zorba the Geek

Sorry.  Ricks-YumeYao_WMP11_Addon_ENU_V3_4_7.7z is the newest that I have.  I last used it on Jan 19, 2014.

All of my installation slipstreams from Apr 10, 1014 (it's extremely odd that I do not have Feb and Mar) onward uses OnePiece_Windows_Media_Player_11_True_AddOn_v1.0.0_FINAL_ENU.7z over YumeYao's WMP11.

I cannot remember now, ten years later, why I intentionally discarded YumeYao's WMP11 in favor of OnePiece's WMP11.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

The download links for the YumeYao addon at Wincert and the archived ryanvm.net forum are dead, but after after much Googling I found this live link for YumeYao_WMP11_Addon_ENU_V3_4_5.7z

This addon was last updated in 2011, although there was a version 3.5.1 which I cannot find.  I suppose I ought to start a new thread inviting XP diehards to upload their ryanvm.net addons which could act as an archive to ensure that they are not lost from the internet.

It may be useful to update this addon because according to the Wincert thread it does offer features not found in the onepiece addon.  Rather than allow automatic updates offer the updates it might be possible to search for them on Microsoft Update catalog.

You're right, there are some extras that can fixed bug the Web and DataCenter versions of Windows Server 2003.
These two versions cannot read MP3 files.
Can you check?
Because I updated OnePiece and ported it to Server 2003.
I can't add fix same YumeYao.
here
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/addon-windows-media-player-11-for-server-2003-x86-x64.85794/

@NotHereToPlayGames
I can rebuild it if you want an updated version for Windows XP.
But most of them are already included in UpdatePacks.
I will keep this YumeYao file YumeYao_WMP10_Addon_ENU_V3_4_5

Edited by MilkChan

On 6/1/2024 at 11:48 PM, Zorba the Geek said:

I suppose I ought to start a new thread inviting XP diehards to upload their ryanvm.net addons which could act as an archive to ensure that they are not lost from the internet.

That would be a good idea. I also kept a few addons/installers on an old external HDD that I could contibute.

YumeYao WMP11 Addon Updated to 29/04/2015

File: YumeYao_WMP11_Addon_ENU_29042015.7z (OneDrive)
File: YumeYao_WMP11_Addon_ENU_29042015.7z (4Shared)

MD5: 0920E443CC27F30EE8D0786FA8DA7135
SHA-1: 0A158F8E6FE219A7FA046F591FE27D8CE36357FF
SHA-256: 710868A92390AACA976AAF951830FC923AFEDB85808B7F994D04370A4EC21675
File Size: 20.2 MB
Release Date: 08/06/2022

The version number of this build is the build date for wmp.dll supplied in the POSReady 2009 update KB3033890.  I have disabled the entries for the WMP9 files deleted by the addon in sfcfiles.dll to remove them from Windows File Protection monitoring.  SFC should not flag missing protected system files.

List of Updates and hotfixes

• KB954155 - wmspdmod.dll/11.0.5721.5263
  • KB974905 - wmnetmgr.dll/11.0.5721.5269
  • KB975558 - mpg4ds32.ax/8.0.0.4504, mp4sdecd.dll/11.0.5721.5274
  • KB978695 - wmvcore.dll/11.0.5721.5275
  • KB973540 - wmpdxm.dll/11.0.5721.5268
  • KB943604 - Npdsplay.dll/3.0.2.629 Dxmasf.dll/6.4.9.1133 Npdrmv2.dll Npwmsdrm.dll/9.0.0.4504
  • KB970159 - Windows User-Mode Driver Framework 1.9
  • KB2834904-v2 - wmvdecod.dll/11.0.5721.5289
  • KB3033890 - wmp.dll/11.0.5721.5293)
  • KB3067903 - cewmdm.dll/11.0.5721.5295)

Description by YumeYao

This addon will replace your Windows Media Player Component in your windows installation CD with its contents.
Why your first release is V3? Check this post.
Why do you release another WMP11 Addon as boooggy and onepiece both do good job?
I have workd on an addon including Windows Media Player 10 and Windows Media 11 Runtimes, therefore i only need to modify a few to create this addon.

Features by YumeYao

1. Compatibility with XP/MCE/2k3 in one Addon. for 2k3, M$ does not install skins but this addon does
  2. Obsolete files are removed. They are either utility to migrate DRM stuffs or a file with several KiloBytes which is used to overwrite the old file.
  3. Addon structure: File Copy and Registry handling are system-like
  4. A working MTP on Windows 2003, both their WMP Integration solution can't offer this.

Original Wincert thread here

Original RyanVm thread here

Note that 4Shared is blocked in the UK.  Residents in the UK should use a VPN server in the US or the Netherlands.                                                                                                                                                              

Edited by Zorba the Geek