I have a custom version of Windows 10 packed in an ISO ready to install. I'd like to add my computers current drivers to that.

Draygoes

Hi peoples!
As the title says, I wish to add my current drivers to my custom windows 10 install disk image, because that image is for the computer I'm using. So I'd really like to be able to refresh it and already have all of my drivers installed and fairly up to date.

Does Nlite have a feature that would make doing that easily?
How about automation? I'm familiar with Autoit, so I wouldn't mind automating a few steps.

EDIT: I forgot to say, thanks for your time, even if you didn't have the answer. Thanks for reading it.
And thanks to the moderators and admins of this nice website. I know how thankless that job is, I;m an admin and/or moderator of quite a few websites groups and subreddits.

Edited by Draygoes
Added thanks

If you already have a working install, I use DriverGrabber to pull the existing drivers  --  Google for "majorgeeks drivergrabber" (MajorGeeks is far FAR too large of a hosting site for me to know if they host questionable content, therefore I cannot post a direct link)

I no longer use nLite though I have used it in the past.  nLite did not support Win10 during the era that I used it but it did support Win7 and it did incorporate a section to add your own drivers.

NTLite is what you will need for Win10.  I have personally not used NTLite.

For my Win10 disk image customization, I use WinReducer EX-100 and it does incorporate a section to add your own drivers  --  Google for "majorgeeks winreducerex100"

14 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

NTLite is what you will need for Win10.  I have personally not used NTLite.

For my Win10 disk image customization, I use WinReducer EX-100 and it does incorporate a section to add your own drivers  --  Google for "majorgeeks winreducerex100"

WinReducer EX-100's develepor is from France, so I might check it out someday, glad it works fiine, thanks for the heads up!

https://msfn.org/board/profile/118431-winterstorm/

I have personally used NTLite. NTLite is just terrible. I remember Dave locked the feedback topic when I wrote a small part of what I wanted to say about it in hopes they would fix it.

You're only supposed to say it's great and that's it, which is definitely NOT, lol.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

I have personally used NTLite. NTLite is just terrible. I remember Dave locked the feedback topic when I wrote a small part of what I wanted to say about it in hopes they would fix it.

You're only supposed to say it's great and that's it, which is definitely NOT, lol.

I suppose that is one way to look at it.

I propose some others (I am not "moderating", I am "discussing", there is a difference) -
    1)  in hopes they would fix it  ==  you assume the author of NTLite is an MSFN Member that recommends MSFN for his/her source of feedback, ie, you assume your comments, positive or negative, would be seen by the author here at MSFN
          a)  does NTLite's own GUI have a feedback link and where does it take you, I have to assume that it does not take you to MSFN
          b)  "when you assume, you make an arse out of u and me"
    2)  locked the feedback topic  ==  if the author did not authorize MSFN as the source of feedback, then shouldn't NTLite posts be directed toward the USERS of NTLite and not the AUTHOR of NTLite?
    3)  if MSFN allowed excessive "negatives" towards any piece of software, can the author of the software sue MSFN for slander against his/her software?  if so, shouldn't MSFN protect themselves by not allowing the "negatives"?
    4)  let's assume that the author did stumble upon the "negatives", does not that author have the legal right to request them be removed or at the very least request his/her own feedback channel be used instead?
          a)  I personally think that creators should not create if they cannot take both positive and negative criticism
    5)  does this pertain?  --  "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Statement of facts:

Nuhi (Dino Nuhagic, the Author of both Nlite and NTlite) is  a longtime (and much esteemed) member of MSFN, and MSFN has always been the official support forum for nlite.

The original nlite was finalized in 2008 or so, and then put "on hold" as Nuhi had lots of things to do in his "real" life.

Nlite is/was completely freeware and support was largely through the MSFN forum.

It actually had a license limiting its use to personal use, and while many people ignored it and used it anyway in corporate environments, others asked for a commercial license.

Several years later (circa 2014) he developed NTlite choosing a "limited-free" version + different commercial versions, and setup a dedicated forum for support on his site (though we do have a section for ntlite on msfn).

He isn't around on MSFN since 2020:

https://msfn.org/board/profile/8552-nuhi/

AFAICR comments, critics, opinions (positive and negative) and discussions on his programs have often been posted on MSFN and (again AFAICR) they have never been moderated unless -maybe - when/if they broke the general Forum Rules.

jaclaz