Steam build from last week

kcznsk

index.jpg.430ea3dd65d66010a41e7064f9d8c1e3.jpg

Does anyone still have not updated steam? Since valve put this banner in the client, they might have put a killswitch as well like what adobe did in flash.

If anyone has not updated it yet, please backup your steam installation and upload it somewhere because it might be very valuable later.

Sadly mine was updated automatically and I probably can't revert it.

2 minutes ago, kcznsk said:

index.jpg.430ea3dd65d66010a41e7064f9d8c1e3.jpg

Does anyone still have not updated steam? Since valve put this banner in the client, they might have put a killswitch as well like what adobe did in flash.

If anyone has not updated it yet, please backup your steam installation and upload it somewhere because it might be very valuable later.

Sadly mine was updated automatically and I probably can't revert it.

looks like it's the end of the road for windows 7 :( except for minecraft at least for now

4 hours ago, legacyfan said:

looks like it's the end of the road for windows 7 :( except for minecraft at least for now

on xp legacy steam worked from 2019 to 2022 (downloading games).... So steam will work still in 2024

16 hours ago, kcznsk said:

Since valve put this banner in the client, they might have put a killswitch as well like what adobe did in flash.

Adobe Flash Player’s time bomb was detected early by setting system date and time beyond doomsday on a virtual machine. Someone might want to try that with the nagware version of Steam.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182654-adobe-flash-shockwave-and-oracle-java-on-xp-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1184906

On 4/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

Someone might want to try that with the nagware version of Steam.

Steam won't let me sign in to my account, if i set my date and time beyond my current date and time.