FREE VPN Tools to Fight Internet Censorship

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

I don't want them to log my IP.

Not possible.  Or should I say, "Good luck!"  Depending on which countries they operate in, they have to abide by "data retention laws".

Most VPNs only substitute one bad actor (your ISP logs) for another (the VPN logs).

You also "get what you pay for" and as you say, nothing good comes for free.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/why-you-should-be-skeptical-about-a-vpns-no-logs-claims/

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not possible.  Or should I say, "Good luck!"

No, I meant block cloudfare from logging my IP, my real IP. Till some weeks ago, I could do it, now they want the real IP, plus full fingerprint, just to solve captcha. Free VPN from browsers, wouldn't do, obviously, well known paid providers are also not a secret to them. I tried several paid.

Ah.  Yeah, we would all be in a much better place if people opened their eyes and started going after Cloudflare in the same way that they attack Google.

Not saying the Google attacks are not warranted, they are, to a degree, but let's be real, Cloudflare poses just as much, if not more, of a privacy rights issue!

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Ah.  Yeah, we would all be in a much better place if people opened their eyes and started going after Cloudflare in the same way that they attack Google.

Not saying the Google attacks are not warranted, they are, to a degree, but let's be real, Cloudflare poses just as much, if not more, of a privacy rights issue!

That's what I've been saying for years. It's now literally every crappy store is "protected" by them. Can't order sandwiches without captcha, now G captcha is replaced with CF.

A good, corporate VPN might still help, but for how long? You and your friends already started to boycott?

I personally don't bother.  But I don't give them my fingerprint either.  If the web site doesn't let me in because they can't fingerprint me, then I move on to another web site.

I have options on web sites and don't live in a country where my web browser needs fingerprinted just so that I can buy a sandwich.

• 7 months later...

CENO sounds like a game-changer with its peer-to-peer backbone. It's awesome to see initiatives like this popping up to combat censorship. I'll definitely give it a try. As for Malus VPN, it seems like a handy tool, especially for those dealing with Chinese internet restrictions. The fact that it's easy to use across various platforms is a big plus. However, I'm a bit cautious about using Chrome extensions for sensitive browsing activities.

8 hours ago, JanetValentin said:

However, I'm a bit cautious about using Chrome extensions for sensitive browsing activities.

You're right, Browsec is especially not recommended, for one example - it includes the infamous spying Yandex Metrica API plugin.