ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

1 hour ago, rereser said:

block scripts from equalli.ai and the trendmicro site won't crash.

I don't get any calls to equalli.ai.

But the site works for me because I do block the several third-party scripts.  Which I assumed that uBO did by default?  (I do not use uBO and highly prefer uMatrix)

image.png.0eca050751ddc9668a5f0f5022419e5a.png

image.png.c88717081f596dbc4dfd221c8463a25a.png

It should also be pointed out that the trendmicro website is VERY POORLY WRITTEN.

It is improper HTML Coding to place scripts ABOVE the head tag.  And this site has FIVE of them - THREE alone pertaining to "cookie consent".
(which I block via "I still don't care about cookies" extension but these don't make it past third-party scripts already being blocked)

image.png.27196d36b8811bcc52e24cc4a301ce09.png

34 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That Firefox 52.9 is seeing some form of script that it simply doesn't recognize.

That's what it is, the trendmicro site is using "hundreds" of nullish coalescing operators (??) that Firefox 52.9 does not support!

Which is also to me the PERFECT EXAMPLE of WHY some of us INTENTIONALLY like to use OLDER BROWSERS and dislike the constant thumping of "why are you using Browser X, it's already 3 months old"  :buehehe:

image.thumb.png.ed1de5110830767b257c7597eb903c2d.png

image.thumb.png.7df98d2fdd669f83c6b9acb4145b5cfc.png

3 hours ago, rereser said:

block scripts from equalli.ai and the trendmicro site won't crash.

Ah, your original post sited equalli.ai and so I only hunted for that within the trendmicro scripts and of course did not find equalli.ai with an "i" versus with a "y".

Already at work now so don't have my "utilities" at hand.

I'd suspect nullish coalescing operators at equally.ai also.

This is actually quite clever, if you ask me.  Use nullish coalescing operators in your "cookie consent" javascript so that people using browsers that do not support nullish coalescing operators "think" they are setting a cookie-consent setting but in fact are not.

don't understand the "nullish coalescing operators" thing but sorry for the typo.
equally.ai scripts is the problem on trendmicro.
it only comes up if tigcdn.com is trusted.
https://better.fyi/trackers/tiqcdn.com/
so this can be blocked without causing issues with websites?
never would have found the issue with tigcdn untrusted...

Edited by rereser

On 7/13/2023 at 10:18 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I find them to be the RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER.

NOT because people walk around in public while on them, NOT because people stand in line at the grocery store while on them, NOT because people are so ADDICTED to the screen that they will WALK IN FRONT OF A VEHICLE.

No, they are the RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER because if you don't answer your phone by the third ring, you are accused by the person calling you for screening your calls.

RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER because if you don't reply to a text within two minutes, the person texting you accuses you of being mad at them.

RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER not because of the RECIPIENT of the phone call or text message, but by the person SENDING the phone call or text message thinking THEY are so important that the recipient MUST drop anything and everything!

RUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS invention EVER !!!

:buehehe: https://www.reuters.com/technology/cybersecurity/governments-spying-apple-google-users-through-push-notifications-us-senator-2023-12-06/

4 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

I have "learned" how to politely be "passive aggressive" with people on their mobile phones.

Just yesterday during my lunch break, there was a line of 6 or 7 or so folks in front of me.

The two directly in front of me were two young ladies in their early 20s or so.

One of the two kept lifing her mobile phone every FORTY TO FIFTY SECONDS.  And yes, I timed it !!!

Just to tap the screen, scroll up on her app, see NO NEW POSTS, then flick the screen off and drop it to her waist.

Only to REPEAT another FORTY TO FIFTY SECONDS later.  See NO NEW POSTS.  Then flick the screen off again.

She repeated that BS for SIX MINUTES.  And yes, I timed it !!!

I laughed at her and she smiled and grinned and asked what was so funny.

I politely chimed, "Do you see that thing as an ADDICTION, like any DRUG that RUINS people's lives?"

She chuckled and nodded agreeingly and she never looked at the screen again for at least FOUR more minutes as we hit the front of the line.

I could all but SEE the sweat rolling from her forehead, WANTING to lift that d#mn thing every FORTY TO FIFTY SECONDS but AFRAID to because the person standing in line behind her just told her she is no different than a DRUG ADDICT.

7 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I politely chimed, "Do you see that thing as an ADDICTION, like any DRUG that RUINS people's lives?"

social media or what'sup group notifications... I can confirm it's a terryfing drug if one has a boring life

https://www.dw.com/en/social-media-addiction-how-can-we-avoid-it/a-67597997

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have "learned" how to politely be "passive aggressive" with people on their mobile phones.

Just yesterday during my lunch break, there was a line of 6 or 7 or so folks in front of me.

The two directly in front of me were two young ladies in their early 20s or so.

One of the two kept lifing her mobile phone every FORTY TO FIFTY SECONDS.  And yes, I timed it !!!

Just to tap the screen, scroll up on her app, see NO NEW POSTS, then flick the screen off and drop it to her waist.

Only to REPEAT another FORTY TO FIFTY SECONDS later.  See NO NEW POSTS.  Then flick the screen off again.

She repeated that BS for SIX MINUTES.  And yes, I timed it !!!

I laughed at her and she smiled and grinned and asked what was so funny.

She chuckled and nodded agreeingly and she never looked at the screen again for at least FOUR more minutes as we hit the front of the line.

I could all but SEE the sweat rolling from her forehead, WANTING to lift that d#mn thing every FORTY TO FIFTY SECONDS but AFRAID to because the person standing in line behind her just told her she is no different than a DRUG ADDICT.

Yeah I see so many kids when out in public with their face burring on their phones and I hear their phone's notification sound going off and I wonder to myself do people need to that attention and to be on contact when in line as a fast food restaurant. Yeah, I also think its an addiction and that is interesting that you've learned to passive aggressive. I ignore it most of the time but I find people overall to be more like robots and in need of attention from others or they can't carry on on their own. I've never gotten it and don't really care to either.