root certificate pack (link removed)

legacyfan

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

But why ?

Because of the fact that OP did this before, got a warning (and links were removed), and his topic got closed. Plus, I don't see this as a good attempt for the OP to risk himself again for another warning just for sharing certificates with everyone here. It doesn't matter if the certificates work, what matters is that the OP should abide by MSFN rules.

To add to above, see this reply as well:

"Security Certificates are about trust and modified certificates break that trust."

Edited by mina7601

Ok. The OP has made this kind of offer before and received a warning for it. Now I really wonder why he did the same thing again. The topic of this thread implies the provision of a download archive whose link was deleted only minutes after creating this thread. Honestly, none of this makes any sense at all. :no: Sorry to say that, but one can really do without such threads. :angry:

2 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

and to @AstroSkipper and everyone else on here I apologize for all the trouble ive caused in the past and now and I hope you all can forgive me and I'm truely sorry for what I did

It's fine. What's important is that you learn from your mistakes, and not make them happen again.

Edited by mina7601

4 hours ago, mina7601 said:

"Security Certificates are about trust and modified certificates break that trust."

Debatable ! So you trust that russian application starter used by the member Notheretoplaygames and it comes from where ? Yes, unknown sources.

Also, you think a 2mb application for updating them is safer than these pure certificates ? This is all debatable, to say the least.

I used his certificates for all this time and noticed no odd behaviour.

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

one can really do without such threads.

One could also do just fine without many members saying "how wonderful Windows 7 is because it still gets the ESU updates ",

and no one obvioulsy has a licence for them, but they advice to use them for "free" with the help of a patch and even tell where to find it, but seems like everyone is fine with this !

But yeah , these free certificates are the problem, sure ! 

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:
13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

one can really do without such threads.

One could also do just fine without many members saying "how wonderful Windows 7 is because it still gets the ESU updates ",

and no one obvioulsy has a licence for them, but they advice to use them for "free" with the help of a patch and even tell where to find it, but seems like everyone is fine with this !

But yeah , these free certificates are the problem, sure ! 

Your comparison is off-topic and makes no sense. And my statement was not about free, legal or illegal. I stated that this thread has no content anymore what was foreseeable for the OP and therefore, it has become pointless. smilie_denk_24.gif

PS: @D.Draker You can post whatever you want, but if you quote parts of my posts, I'd appreciate it if you didn't take them completely out of context. albert.gif Thanks!

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content