“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

9 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I can relate. I think I should be making better use of my time here. How, I haven't a clue.

By "here" I presume you mean on this planet not the forum, you do just fine on the forum, but when real life is missing and THIS becomes life, this is where there is an issue... so that being said I find myself in this situation myself and I also haven't a clue either.

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

By "here" I presume you mean on this planet not the forum

Yeah. For all I care, this forum can disappear tomorrow and I'll be fine.

On 4/30/2024 at 9:36 PM, XPerceniol said:

Thank you, it means more than you realize to me that you took the time to post those songs.

Walk Unafraid ... Stop Crying Your Eyes Out ... Bad Day...

And by those artists ...

Means a lot; will try.

Sometimes when I'm trying to keep my dark passenger from presenting, I watch weird stuff, like the end of Secretariat. Something about that horse just lifts my spirits. To dig deep and find something inside, to pull off the seemingly impossible.

Thank you, Rob, very much appreciate your insight. Hmmm ... "dark passenger" ... Interesting perspective on this disease when 'help' seems out of reach, good to lift the spirit I think. I always took offense when people would casually say to "cheer up" - rather perk up or lift the spirit is needed and sounds better to the soul.

Wishing you well also I hope you will always keep this strength to guide you as nobody would chose such misery upon ourselves.

My friend ... we have already pulled off the seemingly impossible and are here to tell about it, others have fallen victim to the daemons and left us <- Not meaning daemons as in religion. You get me though!

Thank you again.

That being said: I will be taking a very long break from the internet to recover. Must save all energy to focus on self preservation during the next several months and pull life together. MSFN has become a large part of my life but sometime we need breaks - healthy breaks from family as I consider people have like family. When I do return I'll likely have moved to Linux by then so we'll see, I guess.

Be well everyone

Sincerely Yours

Salvatore

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

MSFN has become a large part of my life but sometime we need breaks

That could be the problem. There's internet out there beyond MSFN, but perhaps some of us have become too stuck in our ways. I have a hunch all this repetitive discussion about web browsers and merits of Windows version XYZ is more mentally draining than we realize.

@Sampei.Nihira
Agreed, too many complications. I also don't like smartphone as mandatory key for these things. I don't even mind smartphones, moderate use is the key, but this crazy society takes everything to extremes.

Edited by UCyborg

@XPerceniol

Dark Passenger= The quiet voice or voices that get louder and louder. "Worry about this, worry about that" "Be anxious and nervous about this or that" "Get angry over this or that" "A drink would make you feel better, just one, it won't hurt" -among many others.