Looking for a person with Python programming skills to implement TLS 1.3 functionality in ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e

AstroSkipper

2 hours ago, maile3241 said:

Oh I thought that this version is not yet ready for use on Xp.

Take a look into the provided archive! The proxy ProxyMII does its job perfectly, but its handling is not as easy as in case of ProxHTTPSProxy. There are no typical executables in form of exe files. But it definitely works, and we now have TLS 1.3 in Windows XP itself. :cheerleader: Unfortunately, the package is quite undocumented. For me, it isn't a problem, whether it is a problem for other users, I don't know. The proxy 3proxy I haven't tested yet, but I'll do that next, of course. But, so far, I am totally happy. :yes: internet2.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Greetings.

42 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

You disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 protocol due to security reasons. Is that correct?

I'm not sure. Sorry, it was A LOT time ago. I'd preffered to enable weak ciphers for use with IE5 in Win98...

Please try to open https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html with IE.

Currently ProxyMII from same archive show all TLS+SSL3. But i remember a much larger amount of ciphers (lack of weak\insecure)... I'll to check my archives.

15 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

could it be compiled to exe files?

Sorry, i can't set to work neither py2exe nor pyinstaller...

Best regards.

41 minutes ago, cmalex said:

Greetings.

I'm not sure. Sorry, it was A LOT time ago. I'd preffered to enable weak ciphers for use with IE5 in Win98...

Please try to open https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html with IE.

Currently ProxyMII from same archive show all TLS+SSL3. But i remember a much larger amount of ciphers (lack of weak\insecure)... I'll to check my archives.

Sorry, i can't set to work neither py2exe nor pyinstaller...

Best regards.

Thanks a lot for the further information and for your reply! Your proxy ProxyMII is definitely great, and, after testing 3proxy, I'll decide which of your proxies I'll implement in my ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu for more convenient use, with your permission and with credits to you, of course. But, anyway, your proxy or maybe, your proxies will future-proof Windows XP in any case. ssupercool2.gif And once again, many thanks for that! 
thanks.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 hours ago, cmalex said:
4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

You disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 protocol due to security reasons. Is that correct?

In my test of ProxyMII, I could see that TLS 1.0 and 1.1 protocol was disabled. Take a look at my screenshots some posts above! :yes: Presumably, due to security reasons. And that's fine with me. It was just a question for the reasons.o-k.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper ende.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 7/14/2022 at 11:06 AM, cmalex said:

Greetings.

More than year ago i'd compiled OpenSSL3.0.0 for WinXP and build on it base two MITM proxy for TLS1.3 - ProxHTTPSProxy+Python3.7 (port 8079) and 3proxy+SSLPlugin (port 3128).

https://mega.nz/file/CgtnCAAT#yO2JkzJ9cvVfn8RwbatXDFXfsDrxxJP07ygarS1KSVw

3proxy use less memory and CPU resources.

Best regards.

Thank you - will take some time over the weekend - looks very complicated.

3 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Thank you - will take some time over the weekend - looks very complicated.

If you need assistance, don't hesitate to ask me. The proxy ProxyMII is not as complicated as it seems to be. :yes: And it definitely works. :thumbup

Greetings.

16 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I could see that TLS 1.0 and 1.1 protocol was disabled. Take a look at my screenshots some posts above!

Yes, i see that. But on my screenshots same version with IE8 give me SSL3 TLS1.0 TLS1.1 enabled. And wget also can see SSL3

wget.warc.gz - result of command 'wget -e "https_proxy=127.0.0.1:8079" "https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html" --no-check-certificate --warc-file=wget'

I can't find old mails with descriptions - so much easiest solution is to recompile cryptography 3.4.8 with new OpenSSL3.0.5. 3proxy can use much more ciphers.

ProxHTTPSProxy.EXE - launcher based on pip scripts - it just call python37.exe and import ProxHTTPSProxy.py

sslproxies2.7z - full ProxyMII and 3proxy with upgraded openssl (3.0.0 -> 3.0.5), cryptography (3.3.2 -> 3.4.8), created ProxHTTPSProxy.exe, small changes in directory structure.

Best regards.

UPD. And forgot to say - my main comp is verified GMOSSE2-free :-). So it all works on non-SSE2 CPU.

Clipboard01.gif

wget.warc.gz

Edited by cmalex
Links temporarly removed due to inproper license filling.

25 minutes ago, cmalex said:

Greetings.

Yes, i see that. But on my screenshots same version with IE8 give me SSL3 TLS1.0 TLS1.1 enabled. And wget also can see SSL3

wget.warc.gz - result of command 'wget -e "https_proxy=127.0.0.1:8079" "https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html" --no-check-certificate --warc-file=wget'

I can't find old mails with descriptions - so much easiest solution is to recompile cryptography 3.4.8 with new OpenSSL3.0.5. 3proxy can use much more ciphers.

ProxHTTPSProxy.EXE - launcher based on pip scripts - it just call python37.exe and import ProxHTTPSProxy.py

https://mega.nz/#!f8EFRIRI!6VA8Jb5Hydgoc5EEqrT1cz-8q9W9EAKgAXy9EcSPpbo

Best regards.

Clipboard01.gif

wget.warc.gz 8.12 kB · 0 downloads

And again, thank you so much for all this information and for your new download link! Recompiling cryptography 3.4.8 with new OpenSSL3.0.5 would be great, of course. The more recent the better, especially in the regards of ciphers and security protocols. What does your new archive contain? Maybe, I am a bit confused. vertsennuie.gif Did you already recompile it? :dubbio:I am writing here on my Android tablet, I have to start my desktop computer, obviously, to check what you have done and what the new archive is about. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper

Greretings.

32 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Did you already recompile it?

Yes.

In new archive - upgraded openssl (3.0.0 -> 3.0.5), cryptography (3.3.2 -> 3.4.8), created ProxHTTPSProxy.exe, small changes in directory structure.

Best regards.

2 hours ago, cmalex said:

Greretings.

Yes.

In new archive - upgraded openssl (3.0.0 -> 3.0.5), cryptography (3.3.2 -> 3.4.8), created ProxHTTPSProxy.exe, small changes in directory structure.

Best regards.

Hello again, @cmalex, at the risk of repeating myself, you are absolutely great! ssupercool2.gif Thank you so much for all your efforts and for the quickest recompilation ever! smilie-t-006.gif
I know nearly all about ProxHTTPSProxy, but nothing about the other proxy 3proxy. Could you provide some information how to use it? Is there any certificate I have to install in my system? In your first release, I can see such a certificate, but in your latest one, there is none.

Kind regards, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

@cmalex has recompiled the proxy ProxyMII, and it is now based on openssl 3.0.5 and cryptography 3.4.8. I've tested this new release in New Moon 28.10.6a1 (:2022-07-06) and here are my results.

The first screenshot is the result on the website of Qualys SSL Labs - Projects / SSL Client Test:
NM-28-Qualys-SSL-Labs-Projects-SSL-Clien

The second screenshot is the result of SSL/TLS Client Security Test on the website BrowserLeaks.com:
NM-28-SSL-TLS-Client-Security-Test-Brows

As you can see, it works perfectly and both, TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1, are enabled, too. This proxy provides all TLS protocols from TLS 1.0 to 1.3. It is the most recent ProxHTTPSProxy ever.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

11 minutes ago, CIACIACIACIACIACIA said:

Off course these are great news but TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are weakly supported.

I see that 3proxy is a very promising proxy program for windows xp users.

But TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are supported, and therefore, all TLS protocols upcto TLS 1.3 are available in this new ProxHTTPSProxy. And that's fine with me. Never used 3proxy before, I'll test it as soon as possible. Do you have any experiences with this proxy?