Mypal 68 in Windows XP - Custom Buttons and Extensions

7 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
On 5/14/2023 at 3:29 PM, feodor2 said:

Also i found that proxy settings window is already broken on this prerelease because of a typo.

@feodor2 I assume you mean this error which occurs when clicking onto the button Settings:

Mypal-68-13-0-Network-Settings.png

Right? In any case, clicking this button leads to this error shown above in the console, and the Connection Settings page can't be opened. :(

The problem starts to occur in your new pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0. I checked the previous pre-release 68.13.0 and the version 68.12.5. Both are working fine. I compared the file subdialogs.js to the old ones and nothing has changed. Unfortunately, I can't find your typo :no: but I am sure you already know where it might be located. :) Anyway! Just FYI!

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

10 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
14 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
On 5/14/2023 at 3:29 PM, feodor2 said:

Also i found that proxy settings window is already broken on this prerelease because of a typo.

@feodor2 I assume you mean this error which occurs when clicking onto the button Settings:

Mypal-68-13-0-Network-Settings.png

Right? In any case, clicking this button leads to this error shown above in the console, and the Connection Settings page can't be opened. :(

The problem starts to occur in your new pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0. I checked the previous pre-release 68.13.0 and the version 68.12.5. Both are working fine. I compared the file subdialogs.js to the old ones and nothing has changed. Unfortunately, I can't find your typo :no: but I am sure you already know where it might be located. :) Anyway! Just FYI!

4 hours ago, feodor2 said:

@AstroSkipper if your really need that proxy windows

chrome\browser\content\browser\preferences\connection.xul
On line 95 excess quote at the and.

@feodor2 Thank you very much for the hint! :thumbup I already had a look into this file (nomen est omen) but without an idea or syntax checker, a superfluous quote is not so easy to find. Anyway! I already fixed it, and now it's working fine here:

Mypal-68-13-0-Network-Settings-2.png

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper nicetalkin.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 5/14/2023 at 8:03 PM, AstroSkipper said:
On 5/14/2023 at 7:32 PM, feodor2 said:
On 2/25/2023 at 8:23 PM, AstroSkipper said:

the uBlock Origin site on addons.mozilla.org doesn't appear unless the user agent is set to a higher Firefox version (>= 78). Anyway! uBlock Origin 1.47 won't work properly in Mypal 68. :no: It is not meant to work in Mypal 68.

May be you know why even not 78 but 79

I have overrided minstrictversion to 79 for the fun, and latest ublock 49.2 seems works fine

image.png.800dc9271dccbb91d4f2cde12831c136.png

Very good idea! I will also test uBlock Origin 1.49.2 in my installation. If it really works without compatibility problems, that would be a sensation. ssuper5sur5.gif

@feodor2 I tried this method but only changing Services.vc.compare(version, minversion) to Services.vc.compare(79, minversion) didn't work for me. uBlock Origin 1.49.2 couldn't be installed that way.
I tried another approach. I changed the minversion in the file manifest.json of uBlock Origin 1.49.2 from 79.0 to 68.0, and doing so it can be installed in your new pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0. Here is a screenshot:

Mypal-68-13-0-u-Block-Origin-1-49-2.png

I tested uBlock Origin 1.49.2, and it seems to be working properly in your latest Mypal 68.13.0. :) :cheerleader:

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

uBlock Origin can now be updated to the version 1.49.2!

I changed the minversion in the file manifest.json of uBlock Origin 1.49.2 from 79.0 to 68.0. Doing so it can be installed in the new pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0. Here are two screenshots:

Mypal-68-13-0-u-Block-Origin-1-49-2.png

Mypal-68-13-0-u-Block-Origin-1-49-2-2.pn

As you can see, I already tested uBlock Origin 1.49.2, and it seems to be working properly in the new pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0:cheerleader: The filter lists have been updated flawlessly, and I can't notice any problems. :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

FYI, the new pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0 has also a new default user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0 Mypal/68.13.0.
I guess that from now on you can also try extensions whose minversion is 78.0. Of course, these extensions have to be edited regarding the minversion in the file manifest.json. Since this has already worked for uBlock Origin 1.49.2 as I have shown in previous posts, I am hopeful that this will also work for others. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 2/25/2023 at 6:11 PM, UCyborg said:

Sorry, got 68/78 mixed up. But yeah, that's the one, also linked here (GitHub page). It's not a webextension though, it's a legacy bootstrapped extension that depends on hacky re-enabling of loading of these types of extensions.

In the meantime, I tried this legacy, bootstrapped version of Tab Mix Plus. But there are issues when I install the legacy extension loaders in Mypal 68.13.0. When using UserChromeJS, Tab Mix Plus can't be installed even if I change the minversion of Tab Mix Plus v1.0.0-pre.15 from 78 to 68. When using bootstrapLoader.xpi, I am able to install Tab Mix Plus v1.0.0-pre.15, but after restarting the browser, all installed extensions disappear in the Add-ons Manager. Therefore, no settings of the installed extensions via the Add-ons Manager are possible anymore although the extensions are still installed and seem to be working in Mypal. I think both legacy extension loaders are not really compatible with Mypal 68.13.0 at the moment. :dubbio: Mypal 68 is based on Firefox but also different and still in development. Especially everything related to extensions is still incomplete. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
On 2/25/2023 at 6:11 PM, UCyborg said:

Sorry, got 68/78 mixed up. But yeah, that's the one, also linked here (GitHub page). It's not a webextension though, it's a legacy bootstrapped extension that depends on hacky re-enabling of loading of these types of extensions.

In the meantime, I tried this legacy, bootstrapped version of Tab Mix Plus. But there are issues when I install the legacy extension loaders in Mypal 68.13.0. When using UserChromeJS, Tab Mix Plus can't be installed even if I change the minversion of Tab Mix Plus v1.0.0-pre.15 from 78 to 68. When using bootstrapLoader.xpi, I am able to install Tab Mix Plus v1.0.0-pre.15, but after restarting the browser, all installed extensions disappear in the Add-ons Manager. Therefore, no settings of the installed extensions via the Add-ons Manager are possible anymore although the extensions are still installed and seem to be working in Mypal. I think both legacy extension loaders are not really compatible with Mypal 68.13.0 at the moment. :dubbio: Mypal 68 is based on Firefox but also different and still in development. Especially everything related to extensions is still incomplete. smilie_denk_24.gif

All tests have been done under the following conditions:

1. A clean, new installation of the second pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0.
  2. A clean, new profile without any other extensions installed.
  3. Mypal has been configured to be working in single-process mode.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 11:10 AM, AstroSkipper said:

On 5/23/2023 at 12:02 PM, AstroSkipper said:

All tests have been done under the following conditions:

1. A clean, new installation of the second pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0.
  2. A clean, new profile without any other extensions installed.
  3. Mypal has been configured to be working in single-process mode.

@feodor2 Do you have any idea why the legacy extension loaders don't work properly in Mypal 68.13.0? How far along is the development at the moment regarding everything that concerns extensions? E.g. the update function of extensions and so on? :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

9 hours ago, dimo70 said:

Cant install ublock origin on new version. Recomend me compatible add on for blocking.

No problem here in the third pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0. I use uBlock Origin 1.49.2, and it works without any problems. And from now on, even without changing the minversion in the file manifest.json. Thanks to @feodor2! Here is a screenshot:

Mypal-68-13-0-u-Block-Origin-1-49-2-inst

I assume either your installation or your profile is faulty or misconfigured. :dubbio: And be aware of possible incompatibilities to other extensions or scripts! I still didn't observe such incompatibilities until now, though, but they are possible, of course. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 6/7/2023 at 1:59 PM, AstroSkipper said:

No problem here in the third pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0. I use uBlock Origin 1.49.2, and it works without any problems. And from now on, even without changing the minversion in the file manifest.json. Thanks to @feodor2! Here is a screenshot:

Mypal-68-13-0-u-Block-Origin-1-49-2-inst

I assume either your installation or your profile is faulty or misconfigured. :dubbio: And be aware of possible incompatibilities to other extensions or scripts! I still didn't observe such incompatibilities until now, though, but they are possible, of course. :)

Hi, i tryed with exact versions, but there is incompatibility. I use Windows 11, if its important.

2 minutes ago, dimo70 said:

Hi, i tryed with exact versions, but there is incompatibility. I use Windows 11, if its important.

Hi @dimo70! Actually, Mypal 68 is a browser targeting old operation systems. My OS is Windows XP Professional 32-Bit, and Mypal 68 runs perfectly here. I don't know why you want to run this browser under Windows 11. There, you can use much more recent browsers. :dubbio:

3 hours ago, dimo70 said:

But under your profile photo, it says "OS: Windows 10 x64". Do you use Windows 11 as your main OS, or do you use it under a VM on Windows 10? :dubbio:

Edited by mina7601

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I don't know why you want to run this browser under Windows 11.

You didn't answer my indirect question. :dubbio: 

5 hours ago, dimo70 said:

I decide to record screen, the best way to show you. Here is my video

Your video is not helpful at all. Mypal 68 closes when uBlock Origin is installed. And now? Do you run Mypal 68 in single-process mode? This is the only stable mode. Anyway! Running Mypal 68 under Windows 11 is not a good idea and actually nonsense. smilie_denk_24.gif Try this browser on a computer with Windows XP or Vista! More recent OSes do not need this browser. :no: Here is a quotation from @feodor2's GitHub page: 

Mypal68

A browser for Windows XP based on Firefox 68.

Cheers, AstroSkipper webmaster.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content