ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

5 hours ago, cmalex said:

Greetings.

Sorry. My English is bad and getting worse...

On 8/10/2023 at 4:37 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Can you create a new version of ProxyMII with OpenSSL 3.1.2 and Cryptography 40.0.2 2023-04-18 for Windows XP systems that have the SSE2 instruction set, and maybe upload it?

https://mega.nz/folder/68dj2YTY#As2w31IO4Smr7gy6p1ciSg

ProxyMII_230813.7z. But i didn't know how to get ProxyMII to work with WebSockets.

And, please, take look at Privoxy3.0.35_231208.7z - looks like it open onlyfans.com normally.

@cmalex! Thank you very much for your quick reply and especially for your upload! :worship: I will test your package as soon as possible and report back here in my thread. And I will take a look at Privoxy 3.0.35_23120 for trying to access successfully again https://onlyfans.com/ with its help.
I am very curious and excited. heureux22.gif You are simply the best. :thumbup

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper mevoila.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

• 2 weeks later...

Update notification! update.gif

As already reported here, the Root Certificates have been updated and are now from 23-08-2023. Here is a screenshot:

Root-Certificates-22-08-2023.png

Therefore, my self-created, offline Root Certificate Updaters in the section 11.2.4. Downloads related to Root Certificate Updates (in the first post of this thread) will also be updated as soon as possible. ssuper5sur5.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Hello to all interested users of ProxHTTPSProxy and a special hello to @cmalex! bonjour10.gif

I have tested the brand new release of ProxyMII dated from 13.08.2023 for some days. And I am thrilled. It runs like clockwork. :cheerleader: I have tested ProxyMII 230813 together with the browsers Internet Explorer 8, New Moon 28, Iceape and 360ChromePortable 13.5.1030 rebuild 7. So far no problems, on the contrary, the proxy is fast and runs great with my old SSE2 processor. FYI, @cmalex updated ProxyMII in terms of OpenSSL from 3.0.5 to 3.1.2 and Cryptography from 3.4.8 to 40.0.2 some days ago. However, this version now requires at least a processor with SSE2 instruction set and higher. More to come soon. In any case, a big thank you to @cmalex! thanx.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

33 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

So is there any reason for me to use this over the version of ProxHTTPSProxyMII that I'm already using?
:dubbio:

Hello @Dave-H! I am currently testing this out. It is clear that a more up-to-date version of OpenSSL and Cryptography will almost certainly be accompanied by bug fixes or optimisations. In my tests so far, the proxy works great and fast. I'm already in the process of integrating it into my package. At the moment, however, there is no compelling need to change. ProxyMII as such is of course not as comfortable to use. When you call it up, it is not automatically entered in the system proxy settings of IE. All has to be done manually. The handling of the ProxyMII standalone version is described in detail in the section 8 and following of my main article. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

OK, I'll hang on for the moment then!
What I have now works extremely well, and has done for several years now, and I've never had any problems with its speed of performance.
If a newer version is more secure and/or has greater capabilities, I would of course be looking to update.
Cheers, Dave.
:)

28 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

OK, I'll hang on for the moment then!
What I have now works extremely well, and has done for several years now, and I've never had any problems with its speed of performance.
If a newer version is more secure and/or has greater capabilities, I would of course be looking to update.
Cheers, Dave.

I will keep you and everyone else informed. :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Hello @Dave-H! I tested again the website onlyfans.com. I found out that the problem to access this site via proxy doesn't seem related to ProxHTTPSProxy but rather to the 360Chrome browser. When accessing this site in the latest releases (I tested the last two ones) of New Moon 28, there is no problem. New Moon 28 works much better with this site than 360Chrome. onlyfans.com loads very quickly natively, and no problems via ProxHTTPSProxy in this browser, either. You no longer have to enter this website under [SSL Pass-Thru]. BTW, it doesn't matter whether you use the latest or the previous version of ProxHTTPSProxy. If you ever have time, you can try this out. Since I don't use this website and don't have an account, maybe you can also try a login via New Moon 28. In my system, the website runs great in New Moon 28, in 360 Chrome unfortunately terribly with long loading times on my old computer. And via ProxHTTPSProxy, it doesn't really run in 360Chrome, strangely enough. Something in the connection check is blocked then. smilie-denk-17.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie-denk-59.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Sorry for the delayed response, for me onlyfans.com works fine in 360Chrome, but only if I don't use the proxy connection.
I don't use it anyway unless I have to, as it slows things down considerably.
It's mainly used with Internet Explorer and my e-mail client, which uses the IE engine to display messages.

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Sorry for the delayed response, for me onlyfans.com works fine in 360Chrome, but only if I don't use the proxy connection.
I don't use it anyway unless I have to, as it slows things down considerably.
It's mainly used with Internet Explorer and my e-mail client, which uses the IE engine to display messages.

Thanks for your reply! However,  the intention of my post was to clarify that the onlyfans.com website can be accessed without problems via ProxHTTPSProxy. The fact that this does not work with 360Chrome is a problem with this browser itself. Furthermore, I personally didn't observe a noticeable slowdown when accessing onlyfans.com via the new version of ProxHTTPSProxy (ProxyMII dated from 13.08.2023) in New Moon 28. And my Windows XP computer is very old and slow. :) BTW, I also use ProxHTTPSProxy under Windows XP only when necessary. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

the intention of my post was to clarify that the onlyfans.com website can be accessed without problems via ProxHTTPSProxy.

Warmest greetings :) ; when you wrote that, did you actually mean just the OF homepage? As I have already demonstrated in a previous post in this thread ;) , individual OF posts like

httpS://onlyfans.com/693430760/onlyfans

have trouble loading fully in browsers via a ProxHTTPSProxy MITM connection, because the websockets secure protocol (wss://*) is being used and the secure proxy doesn't support it :(; @cmalex has acknowledged that and confessed his inability to "fix" it:

On 8/13/2023 at 2:47 PM, cmalex said:

But i didn't know how to get ProxyMII to work with WebSockets.

Again, "we" need a very experienced/skillful Python coder to edit the original proxy script in order for that support to be added... I also tried whitelisting the wss protocol in the proxy's config.ini:

[BYPASS URL]
 http://*
+wss://*

but no change was observed:

HWxAa3p.png

(St52 is the browser used...)

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

as it slows things down considerably.

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I personally didn't observe a noticeable slowdown when accessing onlyfans.com via the new version of ProxHTTPSProxy (ProxyMII dated from 13.08.2023)

... I'm posting this right now in St52 via referenced ProxyMII version (its Python modified to be compatible with Vista SP2 ;) ) and I'm not experiencing "considerable" slowdown myself ;) , on any site; just the expected 1-2s for the "proxy" to populate its window; nothing more...

Best regards ;) ...

My main article ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use in the first post of this thread has been updated in terms of ProxyMII. Changes have been made in the sections 08, 10, 11 and 12.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 8/22/2023 at 11:23 PM, AstroSkipper said:

As already reported here, the Root Certificates have been updated and are now from 23-08-2023. Here is a screenshot:

Root-Certificates-22-08-2023.png

Therefore, my self-created, offline Root Certificate Updaters in the section 11.2.4. Downloads related to Root Certificate Updates (in the first post of this thread) will also be updated as soon as possible. ssuper5sur5.gif

Both versions of my Root Certificate and Revoked Certificate Updater for offline use have been updated and are now of 08/22/2023. You can find them in the section 11.2.4. Downloads related to Root Certificate Updates in the first post of this thread.

Cheers, AstroSkipper d010.gif

On 8/30/2023 at 6:06 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Greetings back! I meant the homepage onlyfans.com and their contained links. They work with ProxyMII in New Moon 28, but not in 360Chrome:)

I can't comment on New Moon, but OnlyFans works fine for me in 360Chrome with the proxy switched off in the browser, and with it switched on now as well, although it takes longer to load.
As discussed before, onlyfans.com* has to be added to the [SSL Pass-Thru] section in the proxy config.ini, otherwise it doesn't work, but there seems to be no intrinsic problem with working through the proxy.