Pretty Detox Posts

msfntor

5 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/keanu-reeves-bumps-into-wedding-party-and-stays-for-couple-of-whiskies-and-conversations-in-pub/

Keanu Reeves Bumps Into Wedding Party and Stays For ‘Couple of Whiskies’ and Conversations in Pub

Your try here at posting good article links (like @msfntor) is a good attempt.

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

Family Rescues Baby Fox In Their Backyard And Reunites Him With Mom | The Dodo

Very cute.

Edited by mina7601

New Zealand: The Spirit of South Island - by Cody LaPlant

A short film exploring the beauty of New Zealand's South Island. A collaborative effort between Damien Blue, Bryan Mir, Christie Suchomel & myself. Shot on the Blackmagic 4.6k Mini Ursa, BMPCC 4k & DJI Mavic Pro 2.

camera/edit/sound: cody laplant & damien blue
camera/drone op: bryan mir

Islandia - by MadeByVadim

Islandia is a non-narrative two minutes short drone film about primal beauty of Iceland.

Islandia - is a Latin name for Iceland and relative to the old language since this film portraits primordial and rough nature of Iceland. For the short duration of the film, you will be transported to a place that easily could be a million years ago. From unbelievable landscapes and vast valleys to painting-like terrain and majestic waterfalls and lakes - this film shows the unparalleled beauty of Iceland and its unearthly glory.

Please sit back and enjoy the flight.:

Loving Lofoten - by Video Bros.

I spent 3 weeks in Lofoten, Senja, Andoya and Vesteralen and discovered the true beauty of this place. It's magical to see the mountains rise up from the sea, to see the fjords, the amazing landscapes, the midnight sun, the clouds, and the lovely villages. It was also a great time to visit the Lofoten Islands with it's 24 hours of daylight in the summer. I absolutely loved the midnight sun! I won't forget the midnight hike to the top of the Segla (Senja) or standing above the clouds in Tromso. This film is a collection of the unforgettable experiences. Enjoy the video :-)

Winter Islands - by Tim Kellner

I spent one of the harshest months of the year wandering and trekking over a few of the more northern islands in the world. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but nothing could quite prepare me for the brutal shooting conditions and loneliness of a month alone in those parts. It pushed me to my limits. Many would prefer the more tropical islands but for me the winter islands are where I come alive. The cold otherworldly landscapes and deep dark color palettes contrast meeting the warm and inviting people that have made these places home.

Music: By me

Locations: Faroe Islands, Lofoten , Dover

While on this trip I was shooting photos for a book of meditations If you're interested in checking it out.
amazon.com/My-Heart-Cries-Out-Meditations/dp/1433556812

Alaska - by Tim Kellner

When I was a kid I would stare up at the giant stuffed grizzly bear in the Buffalo Science Museum and imagine seeing it alive and in the wild. That dream finally came true. I can't even begin to describe with words my experiences in Alaska so hopefully this video will capture just a small piece.

Arctic - by Tim Kellner

I think over again my small adventures, my fears
Those small ones that seemed so big.
For all the vital things I had to get and to reach.
And yet there is only one great thing,
The only thing,
To live to see the great day that dawns
And the light that fills the world.

-Inuit poem

Music: By me sampling Inuit instruments
soundcloud.com/timtothewild

All these stunning videos (and more...) here: https://vimeo.com/362539667 - and click on the video thumbs at your right! (if you could...)

Edited by msfntor

ICELAND - Lost in time 4K - by Garðar Ólafsson

Journey through the most beautiful places in Iceland. Filmed with Dji Mavic 2 Pro and edited in Premiere Pro CC. Website: gardarolafs.is Instagram: @gardarolafsphotography

Music: The Rise - Secret Nation

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

Journey through the most beautiful places in Iceland. Filmed with Dji Mavic 2 Pro and edited in Premiere Pro CC. Website: gardarolafs.is Instagram: @gardarolafsphotography

OMG ... watching and listening right now ... so very needed today. Iceland is so beautiful and the music is a great fit; will be sure to watch the others today.

Thank you @msfntor

Brazil, Andaman Islands and Peru: These peoples live isolated from the outside worldhttps://newsrnd.com/tech/2022-08-29-brazil--andaman-islands-and-peru--these-peoples-live-isolated-from-the-outside-world.Hk-T9m45Jo.html

His tribe was murdered decades ago, since then an indigenous man has been living isolated and alone in the Amazon rainforest. Now he died too. How many such “uncontacted” people are still there – and where?..

4a5b1bca-0001-0004-0000-000000533101_w94

North Sentinel Island (2005):

b0b064e7-0001-0004-0000-000001367471_w71

Brazil:

474d9545-0001-0004-0000-000001366401_w64

...Their habitat is threatened by massive deforestation.

These pictures are from: https://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/brasilien-andamanen-insel-und-peru-diese-voelker-leben-abgeschottet-von-der-aussenwelt-a-1187faf0-5944-4dbf-8ad3-5a9aef7e3d23

Edited by msfntor

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

Winter Islands - by Tim Kellner

I spent one of the harshest months of the year wandering and trekking over a few of the more northern islands in the world. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but nothing could quite prepare me for the brutal shooting conditions and loneliness of a month alone in those parts. It pushed me to my limits. Many would prefer the more tropical islands but for me the winter islands are where I come alive. The cold otherworldly landscapes and deep dark color palettes contrast meeting the warm and inviting people that have made these places home.

Locations: Faroe Islands, Lofoten , Dover

While on this trip I was shooting photos for a book of meditations If you're interested in checking it out.
amazon.com/My-Heart-Cries-Out-Meditations/dp/1433556812

Alaska - by Tim Kellner

When I was a kid I would stare up at the giant stuffed grizzly bear in the Buffalo Science Museum and imagine seeing it alive and in the wild. That dream finally came true. I can't even begin to describe with words my experiences in Alaska so hopefully this video will capture just a small piece.

Arctic - by Tim Kellner

I think over again my small adventures, my fears
Those small ones that seemed so big.
For all the vital things I had to get and to reach.
And yet there is only one great thing,
The only thing,
To live to see the great day that dawns
And the light that fills the world.

-Inuit poem

Music: By me sampling Inuit instruments
soundcloud.com/timtothewild

7 hours ago, msfntor said:

All of them are cute.

7 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

OMG ... watching and listening right now ... so very needed today. Iceland is so beautiful and the music is a great fit; will be sure to watch the others today.

Thank you @msfntor

But I do agree here with @XPerceniol that Iceland is beautiful and fit, as well as Winter Island and Arctic.

GREENLAND

"Welcome to the arctic monitoring web-site
The Danish Arctic research institutions present updated knowledge on the condition of two major components of the Arctic: The Greenland Ice Sheet and the sea ice"

Surface Conditions map: The map illustrates how the surface of the Greenland Ice Sheet gains and loses mass on a daily basis. This is known as the surface mass balance. It does not include the mass that is lost when glaciers calve off icebergs and melt as they come into contact with warm seawater: http://polarportal.dk/en/greenland/surface-conditions/

Disclose.tv @disclosetv

NEW - Greenland ice sheet gained 7 Gigatons of mass in just one day yesterday — the largest daily gain ever recorded during the summer.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1564576027350913024

FbZ9VoXXoAMJFxG?format=jpg&name=900x900

12:29 PM · Aug 30, 2022

The Thylacine 

Tasmanian Tiger in Colour

Did This Man Find The Extinct Tasmanian Tiger?

Researchers Say They Can 'De-Extinct' The Tasmanian Tiger

Edited by msfntor

Man adopts Wally as his 'emotional support alligator' and they've become the best of friends

Real friendship has a long tail.

by Jacalyn Wetzel

img.jpg?width=1200&height=800&quality=85

You've heard of emotional support dogs, cats and even an emotional support peacock. But an emotional support alligator? This has to be a first. Joie Henney and his emotional support alligator, Wally, are turning heads after Henney took the gator to Love Park in Philadelphia recently. In the viral video, the gator can be seen in a harness and leash while it enjoys the splash coming from the fountain. The leash is being held by a little girl, who is the child of Henney's friend. That's a lot of trust in an animal that people would generally sprint in the other direction to get away from.

That doesn't stop Henney from treating the animal just like he would if Wally was a golden retriever. According to an interview Henney did with CNN, he came by the alligator after a friend in Florida asked him to take the baby gator that was in his pond. Wally was just under two feet long at that point, but he came at the right time for Henney, who had recently experienced the death of three friends.

Henney told The Philadelphia Inquirer, “My doctor wanted to put me on depression medicine, and I hate taking medicine. I had Wally, and when I came home and was around him, it was all OK. My doctor knew about Wally and figured it works, so why not?”

While Wally is certainly sweet, alligators can be vicious when encountered in the wild, so this isn't something you'd want to try at home. Wally was different from the start. Henney explained to CNN, "Wally has been quite different than any alligator I've ever dealt with in the past 30 years. He doesn't show anger. He doesn't show aggression. He hasn't since the day he was caught. We never could understand why." He went on to say that the gator sleeps with him and is known to be a pillow hog.

I don't know about you, but something about sleeping with an alligator's head on my pillow doesn't seem like it would be ideal conditions for a good night's sleep. But for Henney, having his prehistoric friend snuggled next to him helps his depression and has been a support through his treatment for prostate cancer, according to CNN. I suppose once you get over the fear that the alligator might suddenly decide that your face looks like a delicious snack, you learn to relax a bit.

The same goes for people around town. Wally is somewhat of a local celebrity. When he splashed around at Love Park, people came up to hug him and take pictures. Sure, people know he's an alligator, but the love is abundant for this surprisingly docile animal. Henney has told multiple news outlets that the alligator is not interested in biting anyone.

I'll just have to take his word for it. In the meantime, we can catch up with Wally and his adventures on social media where non-locals go to see what the alligator is doing. Wishing Henney all the luck with his treatments. I'm sure Wally will continue to give the best alligator snuggles while his human recovers.

HERE: https://www.upworthy.com/man-adopts-emotional-support-alligator-wally

Edited by msfntor