Bug: Black background quote boxes

UCyborg

I've been working on a "dark theme" to release alongside my publicly-shared rebuilds.

One of the nuisances I have found is that I clear my cache with every exit and use "ungoogled" so my GOOGLE cookie is also cleared with every exit.

The FIRST visit to Google or YouTube will SOMETIMES be "light" but will always be "dark" if I refresh the page.  IRRATATING.

15 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

H#LL No!

I comment on topics I like, PERIOD. I'm not sure if your post here is "conceit" or "ego". Nor am I really sure what the difference is.

I visit the Unread and the Active links, the answer to your question is H#LL NO!.  I was already active in THIS thread, so I replied.  I "see" the HUNDREDS of posts you have in OTHER threads, and H#LL NO!, I do not reply to everything you write.

I'll never fully understand you, dear friend.  Nor care to, for that matter.

You remind me of a "talkative" neighbor that I 'have to' say "hello" to when crossing at the mailbox.  Spend 20 minutes in a conversation I wish was over 18 minutes ago.  "Neighbors", what can you do?

Carry on, wayward son.

Ha-hahahaha, you just proved my point. 

For those who have missed , I asked him , does he have to comment on everything I write , and he just did it again , lol. So you can write OT posts , why can't I ?

BTW , quite a big reply for someone who doesn't like "talking to neighbours". Son , there's a simple thing and it's called ignoring, yeah don't thank me .

Snap 2021.11.10.jpg

10 hours ago, VistaLover said:

youtube.com is similar to google.com; github.com however, will allow to choose a light-mode site version only to signed-in members...

No , it works for me without signing in to any of these sites . All I have to do is to switch the flag on/off.

16 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

AGREED!

And that is certainly my goal with my "dark theme"!  But yeah, I may have inadvertently mixed the two adjectives in the past, don't know, not concerned.

HOWEVER, 360Chrome's 'official' "dark" theme AND mode are tied together, one in the same.  If you enable the dark THEME for your SKIN, then it gives you dark MODE for web sites such as Google and YouTube.

agree with you that they should be "absolutely different things".

The end-user SHOULD be allowed to set the GUI to "dark" WITHOUT it changing the view of Google and YouTube (there may be others, don't use "dark" to really know).

Lemme help you , you need to write two independent starters . Or (if you can't ) just use that you currently use (from the repack) with two diff. ini files . The goal would be to combine that flag with the internal command for the browser to switch to the dark skin and dark pages altogehter , to avoid weird combination of dark skin and white pages. And another starter for light theme and white pages. It's similar to what I gave you in my version (2 starters white/dark), but I used the same theme for both of them , since you don't like plain dark. Also , you may build your dark theme from the skin I gave you , since it's quite neutral and XP-like. Just make white backroung darker , no need to make everything black , I don't like it too. The theme should be neutral , not distracting.

21 minutes ago, Dixel said:

No , it works for me without signing in to any of these sites . All I have to do is to switch the flag on/off.

Agreed, but my quoted post refers to a specific scenario:
1. 360EEv12/13 has the user apply the official DARK skin
2. The "flag" (#enable-force-dark) hasn't been touched, i.e. left in its "Default" value (which has the same effect as "Disabled", unless on Win10+ with OS Dark Mode).

v12/13 advertise a dark browser skin to compatible sites even when the "flag" isn't enabled/active; under these conditions, several "compatible" sites offer a setting/preference to override the darkCSS served by default, and others don't; of the first group, a subset only offer that setting when the user is logged-in; I thought I was clear the first time around...

8 hours ago, Dixel said:

Ha-hahahaha, you just proved my point. 

For those who have missed , I asked him , does he have to comment on everything I write , and he just did it again , lol. So you can write OT posts , why can't I ?

BTW , quite a big reply for someone who doesn't like "talking to neighbours". Son , there's a simple thing and it's called ignoring, yeah don't thank me .

Snap 2021.11.10.jpg

You PIECE OF WORK!

Who the H#LL CARES!

I viewed your profile because I thought to myself, "what a piece of work, what THREAD was that piece of work commenting in, I wasn't going to reply but decide I will anyway".

YOU REALLY ARE ONE PIECE OF WORK !!!

I had you on IGNORE once, I don't know why you INSIST ON STALKING ME !!!...  It's not the other way around like your ego tells you, it is YOU that is STALKING me !!!...