StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 4/1/2024 at 12:44 AM, Flipper said:

i was wondering if someone could help me out........ i am on 23H2 i downloaded a few themes but the .Msstyles in the folder of the theme won't let me choose in startallback. I have put in in the right start but its not working ill post the file 

Quixotic Night SAB.msstyles 87.5 kB · 4 downloads Quixotic Day SAB.msstyles 87.5 kB · 2 downloads Quixotic - light.svg 1.93 kB · 2 downloads Quixotic - pink.svg 1.93 kB · 2 downloads Quixotic - dark.svg 1.93 kB · 1 download

Save files to the correct SAB folders > Styles and Orbs 

2024-04-02_143755.png.8dabd4b895b07df813657dcb2bd2f8c2.png

Edited by Mikaelo

1 minute ago, mina7601 said:

Oh, that's too sad. Thanks for the information, though!

Well it's patching explorer and you are running a pre-production build where changes are being made to explorer. What would you expect? Everything to completely work 100% of the time?

This is why when using software like SAB it's best to stay on production as I'm certain Tihiy is testing every Canary build in a VM for major issues and patching them before they can make it down the pipeline to prod.

I would advise against using Dev or Canary on your main machine, explore it in a VM safely where there's no risk of data loss or other issues.

image.png.c1466e14c92e230ede9725ff6a27d4a4.pngimage.png.04d2fccd8963247c88d6f083a0731723.png

Is there a way to fix the systemtray not being themed properly? The Systray skinned fine in SAB 3.6.16 (I figured it would probably be implemented in the future considering the new systray is still new)

I also showed a picture on how it showed look (but im sure by now everybody knows how it should look lol)

2 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Well it's patching explorer and you are running a pre-production build where changes are being made to explorer. What would you expect? Everything to completely work 100% of the time?

This is why when using software like SAB it's best to stay on production as I'm certain Tihiy is testing every Canary build in a VM for major issues and patching them before they can make it down the pipeline to prod.

I would advise against using Dev or Canary on your main machine, explore it in a VM safely where there's no risk of data loss or other issues.

No, not exactly 100% of the time. I perfectly understand why it won't work.

Also, I like using Canary Channel to know what's being baked into Windows 11 very early. No important data inside my main machine, so no worries.

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

No, not exactly 100% of the time. I perfectly understand why it won't work.

Also, I like using Canary Channel to know what's being baked into Windows 11 very early. No important data inside my main machine, so no worries.

It's safest to play with canary in a VM not on bare metal.

Actually, instead of getting the Canary build, I will consider getting the latest stable Windows 11 build (22631 at the time of this writing) in a VM and install StartAllBack from there. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by mina7601

StartAllBack is being intentionally blocked by Microsoft in the latest Canary/Dev update (26100.1). Or it's automatic, who knows.

image.png.9badabb49dc92132e4fdc1ec1ed06c1e.png

Edited by thepwrtank18

19 minutes ago, thepwrtank18 said:

StartAllBack is being intentionally blocked by Microsoft in the latest Canary/Dev update (26100.1). Or it's automatic, who knows.

image.png.9badabb49dc92132e4fdc1ec1ed06c1e.png

I wonder if this is the end of the classic taskbar.

Anyone get to 26100 successfully with SaB?  WU just reboots right back into Windows for me and reports a WU error of  0xc1900101. I've never seen SaB cause that before, but considering the above dialog (which I didn't see because I wasn't doing an ISO-style update, which I assume is what that was from) I have to consider the possibility. Retrying it a couple more times yielded the same result. Am on 3.7.8 (26090).

Update; If this is because of SaB, it would be pretty puzzling since it also occurs after disabling SaB.

Edited by rseiler

I'm wondering if Microsoft is targeting SAB? If so how would @Tihiy get around that? I guess we'll find out soon!

Edit: @rseiler if you uninstall SAB, update and reinstall SAB what happens? I'm wondering if the classic taskbar is totally gone now.

Edited by mackid1993