Microsoft announces a Windows event on June 24. What do I think?

sunryze

4 hours ago, vinifera said:

they can polish it to look like Bender's shiny a**

hahaha, i just finished watching an episode all about that today.

4 hours ago, vinifera said:

and i still dont understand why people keep using this piece of s*** NT OS ?

many people, including me, are stuck with it because most people grew up with Windows. Remember, its been the leader of the pack since id say 1995. microsoft had money and they had skills, they got the OEMs to include the crap and then eventually everyone grew up with it. many dont want to switch, they have used windows their whole lives.

3 hours ago, Tonny52 said:

hahaha, i just finished watching an episode all about that today.

many people, including me, are stuck with it because most people grew up with Windows. Remember, its been the leader of the pack since id say 1995. microsoft had money and they had skills, they got the OEMs to include the crap and then eventually everyone grew up with it. many dont want to switch, they have used windows their whole lives.

Well it is time for them to change....I always thought and still do "You are never too old to learn if you want to" Yes, I get what you are saying but this isn't rocket science.....I have customers that are in the 80's that have made the change to Mac or Linux....

bookie32

Started tuning in this morning, less because I was excited about, but just to see if Windows 11 could be any more awful than Windows 10.

I didn't think it was possible, but Microsoft has just proven me wrong again. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse.

Seriously, Windows 11 looks like the garbage popularly known as "Mac OS".

Panos can talk for hours about how "Windows should feel like home, familiar" and I'll say "Heck yeah, so I'll stick with my Windows 7, thank you very much."

I'm 120% sure that all these Microsoft execs from 2012 on are ex-Apple employees there just to drive their products into the ground.

The stream keeps stopping and buffering. I lolled when they showed how good Skyrim can look. Skyrim, a 10 year old game. Not even using any mods. Who plays Skyrim on PC without mods? At least just Sky UI. They seem really out of touch with the PC Gaming community and they should be embarrassed.

1 minute ago, Tripredacus said:

The stream keeps stopping and buffering. I lolled when they showed how good Skyrim can look. Skyrim, a 10 year old game. Not even using any mods. Who plays Skyrim on PC without mods? At least just Sky UI. They seem really out of touch with the PC Gaming community and they should be embarrassed.

The website is broken, I looked it up and they say use the Twitter stream: https://twitter.com/Windows/status/1408069904155119635?s=20

14 hours ago, Tonny52 said:

many people, including me, are stuck with it because most people grew up with Windows. Remember, its been the leader of the pack since id say 1995.many dont want to switch, they have used windows their whole lives.

except that windows is not the same since version 8 (visually)

1 minute ago, vinifera said:

except that windows is not the same since version 8 (visually)

Right,

And "stuck with it" is a false dichotomy, one can continue using the good versions of Windows e.g. 7 or pick your favorite (Vista, 2000, etc.)

I think we will just need to accept that Windows is only going to continue to get worse, and the best thing possible is freezing the frame and sticking with the good stuff.

In the span of about 10 years, I have gone from being Microsoft fan #1 to hating the guts of their (recent) products.

I saw enough today that I could write a Windows 11 version of this: https://blog.interlinked.us/44/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-why-windows-10-sucks

31 minutes ago, InterLinked said:

Right,

And "stuck with it" is a false dichotomy, one can continue using the good versions of Windows e.g. 7 or pick your favorite (Vista, 2000, etc.)

I think we will just need to accept that Windows is only going to continue to get worse, and the best thing possible is freezing the frame and sticking with the good stuff.

In the span of about 10 years, I have gone from being Microsoft fan #1 to hating the guts of their (recent) products.

I saw enough today that I could write a Windows 11 version of this: https://blog.interlinked.us/44/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-why-windows-10-sucks

I agree though. Windows 11 was a lot of hype. it was something new. But now that all the hype has drained and I actually have some clarity, its an improvement from 10 UI wise and under the hood, but nothing of it ever comes close to how just flipping awesome Windows 7 was. It performed as good on hardware from its time as 11 does to hardware from nowadays. 

Windows 11 is worrying me now. I'm required to use secure boot, TPM 2.0 and UEFI and a majority of my systems don't support 11. To be fair, a lot of my systems are about 10 years old now and you couldn't run Win10 1507 on a PC from 2005. 

I'm not really wanting to upgrade to 11 right now. It was all just a big hype train like all big companies do but I just want what was already perfect back.