flash drives not detected in windows xp

legacyfan

1 minute ago, Micro-Scopic Soft-ware said:

Probably u have patched ur xp

No, NTFS always works on flash drives. But if there are two partitions on the flash drive, then the OS will show only the first one.

That helps alot to  no its not my laptops problem this is my 2nd year with this laptop and i dont want any thing to already be broken i still dont ile that my one flash drive is broken

Edited by VistaEX

46 minutes ago, VistaEX said:

That helps alot to  no its not my laptops problem this is my 2nd year with this laptop and i dont want any thing to already be broken i still dont ile that my one flash drive is broken

Do you have any other computers/laptops in wherever youre residing right now? If yes then try plugging the not working USB into another computer/laptop and see if it works. The USB might've just died, or the XP laptop just doesn't work with this particular one. :wacko:

11 hours ago, VistaEX said:

That drive probably died.

Did it have some light before when it was working? If yes, does it light up now?

Try to test it somewhere else - set top box, game console, TV, phone (with USB OTG cable), whatever else you have with USB drive support.

Maybe just the connector got broken off the drive board - try pushing the drive to one side while plugged, then try to the other side. If there is any sign of life from it, open the case and solder the connector.