The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

24 minutes ago, msfntor said:

(why your nick is not highlighted here?..)

The mention function requires writing the username after the @ manually. Writing the @ then pasting the name causes this to happen. Probably intentional behavior, but it looks weird to me.

Edited by mina7601

37 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

The mention function requires writing the username after the @ manually. Writing the @ then pasting the name causes this to happen. Probably intentional behavior, but it looks weird to me.

Yes, thank you Mina, I understood!:D

Heart attack, cancer, Alzheimer's... This is how poor gum health increases the risk of other diseases.
Periodontitis or chronic inflammation of the gums, suffered by a large part of the population, can affect a wide range of organs. Proper dental hygiene is essential to prevent it

JOSE NART THE CONVERSATION
29 NOV 2022 - 16:24 CET

Between 8 and 9 out of 10 people over the age of 35 have some form of gum disease: gingivitis or periodontitis. The latter is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults and, according to the WHO, is the sixth leading chronic pathology in the world, behind caries.

However, approximately half of the European adult population (including Germany, Spain, France, Italy and the United Kingdom) does not know what it is, as indicated by a study presented last June. In Spain, for example, the percentage of ignorance reaches 51%. The same study shows that this ignorance drops to around 35% at higher educational and socioeconomic levels.

It is therefore justified to begin by explaining how the two ailments differ. While gingivitis is the inflammation of the gums, caused in most cases by bacteria, periodontitis also generates a loss of bone around the teeth. Forty percent of the adult population suffers from this immuno-inflammatory infection, also caused by bacteria, and 10% suffer from it in an advanced or severe form.

The fact that half the population is unaware of what periodontitis is is surprising. ...

MORE: https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-11-29-heart-attack--cancer--alzheimer-s----this-is-how-the-poor-health-of-your-gums-increases-the-risk-of-suffering-from-other-diseases.r1eoMIZVvo.html

Too here in Spanish: https://elpais.com/salud-y-bienestar/2022-11-29/infarto-cancer-alzheimer-asi-aumenta-la-mala-salud-de-sus-encias-el-riesgo-de-sufrir-otras-enfermedades.html

Edited by msfntor

7 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Why did you shout my name about this though?

Because living in Egypt you surely have a lot of sand, it seems to me...is not the case where you live? Tell me, if I'm wrong, and correct my knowledge...

Rainforest Rain Sounds for Sleeping or Studying 🌧️ White Noise Rainstorm

by Back To Nature Relaxtion

31 views Nov 28, 2022

1 Comment: "Amazing...."

-sure, you can hear the high frequencies too!

Edited by msfntor

...Also, it takes dedication on the part of the patient to get their lives together even when faced with insurmountable odd against them.

You know, and I don't mean to be off on a "soap box" on this, but I still DO believe given the chance people on the streets would like a shot to becoming a functional member of society rather than homelessness and fearing ones life on the wicked and brutal streets. I've seen a lot, but never got that bad because of luck and love from family, and that is something many are missing ... in fact. some go missing on the streets that "Trick" the wrong person and vanish without even known every day. Both girls and boys (even straight guys will "Trick") and nobody wakes up one day and decides 'I want to become a bum, a lush, and a junkie and a prostitute. Sure some get used to it and know nothing else, but they deserve a chance.

Going over my long posting, I realized I made an error that might haven't been taken wrong. When I said more money for the state, that was error on my part, I mean, more money for that state to have to pay in and out and in the hospital over and over and people will give up.

I've lived in a tiny camper for a few years and I was actually fine with that because a roof over head is still better than trying to survive to smoldering heat blistering cold. I never needed much and still don't and neither did my DD Father.

All-in-all, I do hope this program works and is given a chance. While it may seem cruel to forcefully hospitalize people with mental illness, this might just be a 'saving grace' for some to find proper care and the chance at a life, because life on the street is not "living".

Ok ... off the soap box.

So, hope everyone is enjoying their day as best as can be. 

Going to prepare for bed soon and watch some mindless TV

Sal

Edited by XPerceniol

Drop What You're Doing and Update iOS, Android, and Windows 

Plus: Major patches dropped this month for Chrome, Firefox, VMware, Cisco, Citrix, and SAP.

Two excerpts:

Google Chrome 

The world’s most popular browser continues to be a major target for attackers, with Google this month fixing its eighthzero-day vulnerability this year. 

The vulnerability, tracked as CVE-2022-4135, is a heap buffer overflow in GPU reported by Clement Lecigne, a researcher in Google's own threat analysis group. Google said it “is aware that an exploit for CVE-2022-4135 exists in the wild.”

Earlier in the month, Google issued an update to fix 10 Chrome vulnerabilities, six of which are rated as high-severity. These include four use-after-free bugs: CVE-2022-3885, CVE-2022-3886, CVE-2022-3887, and CVE-2022-3888. Meanwhile, CVE-2022-3889 is a “type confusion” issue in V8, and CVE-2022-3890 is a heap buffer overflow in Crashpad. 

Mozilla Firefox

November was also a big month for Google Chrome competitor Firefox. Mozilla has issued Firefox 107, fixing 19 security vulnerabilities, eight of which are marked as having a high impact. 

One of the most important patches is for CVE-2022-45404, a full-screen notification bypass that could allow an attacker to cause a window to go full-screen without the user seeing the notification prompt. This could result in spoofing attacks. Meanwhile, several use-after-free bugs could lead to an exploitable crash, and one flaw could be exploited to run arbitrary code.

MORE: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/ios-android-windows-vulnerability-patches-november-2022#intcid=_wired-uk-right-rail_8be7c17b-19e8-44fd-8e4d-62b89e154011_popular4-1

Yes, but I don't care about vulnerabilities of new browsers, I stay with my old versions of browsers in XP and it's very good!

I'm sorry but I didn't had internet access!  Resolving host... no internet. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET Maybe the Russians?. hacked? Heating heats up, water flows. javascript:diagnoseErrors() makes my browser crashing... about:blank#blocked - Maybe Russkies

But now it's good.

38 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Yes, but I don't care about vulnerabilities of new browsers, I stay with my old versions of browsers in XP and it's very good!

I'm sorry but I didn't had internet access!  Resolving host... no internet. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET Maybe the Russians?. hacked? Heating heats up, water flows. javascript:diagnoseErrors() makes my browser crashing... about:blank#blocked - Maybe Russkies

But now it's good.

Yeah, I heavily trim the java-script in mypal and Serpent, but don't know how in Chrome, but I use CF for my DNS on the routers. Nothing would surprised me, though given the state of the hackers.